Fan Network 2013 Semi-Finals

Sorry, these results strain credulity. They are simply unbelievable. And I don't mean that in a good way.

How did Crown jump three places in percussion - against the same corps - in one night? Even if they had a completely clean run - and they didn't - then how is this even possible? It isn't. I actually posted this meme this afternoon:

3vgat5.jpg

Well, Fugett might as well have given them a 20 - he gave them a 19.2! Same result!

If I were David Gibbs, I would be positively furious. It was the percussion caption that cost them the title in 2008, and the same thing is happening all over again.

Sorry, I am not going to stand here, look at a pile of dog droppings, and call it chocolate pudding.

You really need to get a hobby. Or smoke a joint tonight... wait, on second thought, don't. Watching you have a melt down on DCP is actually incredibly entertaining. HA!

• Like 7

Its great to see that some BD fans are just as pathetic as Crown fans (and cadets and others) when their corps isn't winning. Sure, there are classy fans out there that will be cool either way, (Plan9, etc...), but its good to see that it only takes one result you dont agree with to make the true colors come out. And the fact that you predicted it a week ago doesn't make you look smart...it makes you look sad because you were trying to set yourself up to look smart no matter what happened, and make crown look undeserving, no matter what happened.

so....Good Job! Frankly, i'm not sure if tonights results are repeatable either, but i'll be there myself tomorrow to see it. I know what I'd hope for, but i wont be thinking about conspiracy theories when they announce the scores either way. If it makes you feel better though...

So much of THIS!!! no matter what result people will go crazy. BD loses people freak out. Crown loses and we get the same @#$@. I'm just glad we have a competition near the end. Enjoy the show and enjoy the intense finals. top 2 are close 3-4 are close. God I couldn't ask for anything better.

Oh and everyone be nice =)

• Like 4

So much of THIS!!! no matter what result people will go crazy. BD loses people freak out. Crown loses and we get the same @#$@. I'm just glad we have a competition near the end. Enjoy the show and enjoy the intense finals. top 2 are close 3-4 are close. God I couldn't ask for anything better.

Oh and everyone be nice =)

This

It is a nice change of pace isn't it? And the conspiracy theories are the best. DCI is barely even capable of agreeing on the most basic rules and procedures, and yet some would accuse them of a massive, unified effort to place one corps over the other. Oh, and who runs DCI? Who are the judges ultimately answerable to? the CORPS THEMSELVES!! I'm sure they are all out to get BD. Its bloody hilarious.

Hey, I ALWAYS want the best corps to win. I don't give a rats ### who that is, if they deserve it then you won't hear me #####ing. I only get angry when obvious ######## goes on, and anyone that watched the shows tonight should feel really suspect about the percussion score. And if they percussion score is totally sketchy...then you can't trust any of the other weird ### recap results, like the unreasonably huge brass spread. Tell me honestly, since you are apparently a pretty knowledgeable guy, do you think Crown's percussion is all of a sudden .2 back from SCV and improved half a point in one night? Be honest.

• Like 3

How did Crown jump three places in percussion - against the same corps - in one night? Even if they had a completely clean run - and they didn't - then how is this even possible? It isn't.

Judges are human beings, making subjective evaluations, getting different reads of different shows and possessing different opinions. Frankly, I'd be worried if scores didn't move night to night.

And go look up the recaps from 2011 championships. Crown's percussion score was all over the place those three nights, but no one cared this much because we weren't in the running for a championship.

• Like 9

If he was out there he was deaf and blind because that drumline (who got 7th last night) is not all of a sudden .2 behind SCV! And all of a sudden their brass is .5 above everyone? Come on! If I was in critique tonight and I was in Cadets, BD, or SCV I would be throwing punches.

If you were at critique tonight, you would have been alone, considering there hasn't ever been critique at SEMI FINALS.

And congrats to the brass judge for not ranking, but RATING. This is the first time that the spread in brass has been correct in my opinion.

Hopefully Albert Lo doesn't go back to RANKING them with numbers and actually puts numbers down that are representative of what he is hearing.

• Like 3

It is a nice change of pace isn't it? And the conspiracy theories are the best. DCI is barely even capable of agreeing on the most basic rules and procedures, and yet some would accuse them of a massive, unified effort to place one corps over the other. Oh, and who runs DCI? Who are the judges ultimately answerable to? the CORPS THEMSELVES!! I'm sure they are all out to get BD. Its bloody hilarious.

That's true. Blue Devils are still very much in the running for winning back-to-back Championships tomorrow night, but losing Semis and people are already going nuts about how Crown doesn't deserve it!

Congratulations, Crown fans: your corps has now 'made it' and become the scourge of some DCP posters :thumbup: It wasn't even a week ago that the place was hopping with anti-BD stuff, so I guess Crown fans can hype on now joining Blue Devils in this class!

Judges are human beings, making subjective evaluations, getting different reads of different shows and possessing different opinions. Frankly, I'd be worried if scores didn't move night to night.

And go look up the recaps from 2011 championships. Crown's percussion score was all over the place those three nights, but no one cared this much because we weren't in the running for a championship.

BULL####!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1