Recommend shows that have never been done!

I mentioned this in a similar thread, but if Crown did the 4th movement of David Diamond's Symphony No. 2 (or any of the movements for that matter) and brought back The Promise of Living in one show, it would be glorious:

They could also explore more of the Paul Lovatt-Cooper music and use Equilibrium:

Copland's The Promise of Living would be awesome. The last time CC did it, I didn't think they did enough of it. I sent that recommendation to SOA's director 2 weeks ago.

Wow, the first link sounds similar to Copland, I could almost hear some Appalachian Spring under tones. Sweet.

Edited by JKT90

Vanguard should do music from "The Death of Klinghoffer." Great choruses, very dramatic, and closing with "You Embraced Them" would be amazing. I just can't see amyone else doing it.

Mandarins could do "Raise the Red Lantern" (great ballet music and comes with a built in visual package and story). Or I am still waiting for them to play some music from the Last Emperor soundtrack. Finally, I think they could really do a great job with "Flower Drum Song."

Broadway still has so much to offer and I am hopeful that Vanguard's success with a fairly straight Les Miz show this year will help pave the way for more Broadway. I could see Colts doing a tribute to Iowa by doing "The Music Man", Madison doing "Will Rogers Follies", and other shows like "Parade", "Steel Pier", "Once on this Island". I would also love to see Vangaurd do another Fiddler show, but do it in a way that really explores the darker side of the story (oh and they could still do the Bottle Dance).

Finally, I think Spirit needs to a Disco show next year that is also a tribute to the great Donna Summer (may she rest in peace). Someone needs to a tribute to her and I think the total package that Spirit could put together would be amazing. I would love to see them do "McArthur's Park" and "Last Dance". The story line would be fairly easy to follow as well. If Spririt did not do it, then I would like to see Surf try it as a slightly more sophisticated show (for them at least).

Still waiting for Phantom to take on Prokofiev's score to Alexander Nevsky... :ph34r:/>

Mike

Great stuff, there.

Is the world of Drum Corps, after this season, finally ready for Bruckner?

I have one request to be played before I die: The entire, uninterrupted, Brahms Academic Festival Overture. It's perfectly timed for the field (10:30 plus standing-O's) has a ton of mystery and surprise, and an ending that screams company front with lots of big bangy things.

• Like 2

Vanguard should do music from "The Death of Klinghoffer." Great choruses, very dramatic, and closing with "You Embraced Them" would be amazing. I just can't see amyone else doing it.

I think the music is better in Nixon in China. Some haunting themes in that opera. Or just combine the two and do a John Adams show.

Edited by Kilgore42

I think the music is better in Nixon in China. Some haunting themes in that opera. Or just combine the two and do a John Adams show.

Definitely agree that Nixon in China would be awesome too. Would be cool to see the Cultural Revolution ballet presnted on the football field!