Would a Christian drum corps be accepted?

I mean the banner on the podium said "for him" and you'd get airgrams of "play your drums for Jesus". The school was that into it.

One of the ones I mentioned. And it would be "Him" with the capital H!!! :satisfied:

Heck the airgrams would be like, "Jenny, All for Him," etc.

Airgrams. Easy money, but to me... the debil hisself. :devil:

THIS! I think about this a lot, actually. In my mind Sunday's would be great missionary opportunities to perform for the community. I don't know if "letter of the law" LDS parents would want their kids half naked during rehearsal. I'm not sure it would work but the possibility is definitely there.

A part of me wants to see a Mormon drum corps. They take music and pageantry very seriously, and I think it would be fresh approach to the activity.

Doesn't mean I'm a fan of the LDS church.

Glassmen did a prayer show a couple years ago.

While i don't really care if a corps has a strong christian identity, as long as they aren't doing shows with a conservative christian focus, such as a show dedicated to restricting marriage for a specific demographic of the country.... im not going to be upset with them. That being said, i most likely would not be a fan of the corps, and i think they would have their own issues recruiting giving the current 16-21 demographic appears to be less devout and less religious.

• Like 1

A part of me wants to see a Mormon drum corps. They take music and pageantry very seriously, and I think it would be fresh approach to the activity.

Doesn't mean I'm a fan of the LDS church.

It looked as though one was going to get off the ground, back in 1994, when the Golden Angels (Salt Lake) were organized.

They were going to be housed at various Mormon facilities whenever they were making appearances.

I can just hear it now: The guard nails a difficult rifle toss for the first time at practice - sounds like Nik Wallenda crossing the Grand Canyon.. :tongue:

• Like 1

I can already see a Mega Church backed corps denying gay and lesbians in their corps and... Blah... Awful...

You can Play the beautifully "religious" music with religious contexts etc. but without the preaching. There has already been a number of corps that use religious music and plenty of corps that have done Moral shows... And none of them preached anything.

Overall it's better to keep your religion to yourself......

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

I'm sure people would always find something to gripe about, but if the shows stayed with a positive message, I think another DCI corps is a good thing.

Thinking about it, I'm surprised there hasn't been a Mormon drum corps to date. It would be one heck of a promotional vehicle for them, and the church already has nationwide logistics in place.

Mike