How would you have ranked the top 12?

I'll bet the Blue Stars really appreciate being told they weren't really in the Top 12 this year. [...] It just seems like a bit of a slap in the face to the Blue Stars members, in my opinion, to imply that they weren't really Top 12 worthy.)

No more of a slap saying they should have been 13th instead of 12th than you saying BD should have been 3rd, Coats 7th, Cavaliers 8th, Blue Knights 12th.

Actually, there's a pretty significant difference between saying "Within this group of 12, I would have switched around Corps A and Corps B" and saying "Corps C didn't even deserve to be here in the first place."

I don't see the difference as significant. Some people chose to expand their answer to encompass the top thirteen rather than the top twelve, is all, or in your phrasing: "Within this group of 13...". That the number of corps in Finals is twelve is fairly arbitrary, after all.

(As for matters of entertainment vs. execution/content, that's a false dichotomy: it takes both content and execution to entertain. Don't make me quote Shaw again.)

Based on audience reaction on Saturday night (I was there):

[...]

12. Cadets

Wow. The Cadets got nearly as much love as Crown in Massillon a few days earlier.

Actually, there's a pretty significant difference between saying "Within this group of 12, I would have switched around Corps A and Corps B" and saying "Corps C didn't even deserve to be here in the first place."

Furthermore, my rankings were based purely on my opinion of the shows' entertainment value, whereas some of the posts in this thread have indicated that the Blue Stars were not deserving based on execution and content.

Again, I loved the Troopers' show. And in fact if we were ranking Semifinals performances I would have put the Troopers in my Top 12 for entertainment value. But this thread asks people to rank within the Top 12, and the Blue Stars were in the Top 12. It just seems to me that the people who choose to ignore that and say they didn't deserve it are doing those members in the Blue Stars who worked to earn their spot a disservice. I don't want to make a big deal out of it - it was mostly a tongue-in-cheek commentary. I just think implying they weren't a Finalist calibre group in the first place belittles what they accomplished, is all.

That's a fair argument, I see your point. (Said as someone guilty of "slapping" Blue Stars' face)

Wow. The Cadets got nearly as much love as Crown in Massillon a few days earlier.

They got a pretty solid response in Indy too. Not sure where the OP was sitting, unless he is talking about purely the ovation at the end of the show, which by nature the down ending would reduce a bit.

Replace Blue Stars with Troopers & switch BD & SCV & this is my list.

OK, for those not happy with the way things ended this year, how would you have ranked your top 12?

For me:

Crown

BD

SCV

Cadets

Bloo

Phantom

Madison

Boston

Cavies

BK

Spirit