Electronics in DCA

If your show site can't supply two separate circuits at the field level, you shouldn't be hosting a show. DCA has to have minimum standards, and if you can't meet them...

same for all the show day rehearsal sites too,...........right?,...........and when it comes to DCA weekend, 25 or so fields with power requirements,...........right?

• Like 1

same for all the show day rehearsal sites too,...........right?,...........and when it comes to DCA weekend, 25 or so fields with power requirements,...........right?

Rehearsal requirements are always on the corps. Seriously, it's not that hard.

• Like 1

Rehearsal requirements are always on the corps. Seriously, it's not that hard.

I thought show sponcors were responcible for ligning up rehersal sites for visiting corps???? If so would the burdon not fall on the show sponsor to have them set up with a proper rehersal site? George Hopkins and the South and all???

Im not sure how DCI is handeling rehersal sites??? Do they have electrical outlets at each facility? Or do they carry portable generators???? Do the corps have to provide insurance for the off show sites when a portable generator is in use? What is the premium the corps pays to the insurance to run a gas generator? If so how much is that insurance per site? I would think most sites would want to have some sort of liability protection with them named in the policy. Is a responcible adult manning the generator when it is in use or is it left up to the kids in the pit to run the generator? Is the adult a paid staff member??

Im sure these are things DCI has have had to address in the past. I am not sure if DCA has crossed that bridge yet.

I thought show sponcors were responcible for ligning up rehersal sites for visiting corps???? If so would the burdon not fall on the show sponsor to have them set up with a proper rehersal site? George Hopkins and the South and all???

Im not sure how DCI is handeling rehersal sites??? Do they have electrical outlets at each facility? Or do they carry portable generators???? Do the corps have to provide insurance for the off show sites when a portable generator is in use? What is the premium the corps pays to the insurance to run a gas generator? If so how much is that insurance per site? I would think most sites would want to have some sort of liability protection with them named in the policy. Is a responcible adult manning the generator when it is in use or is it left up to the kids in the pit to run the generator? Is the adult a paid staff member??

Im sure these are things DCI has have had to address in the past. I am not sure if DCA has crossed that bridge yet.

The bulk of a corps rehearsals are in their own hometown, only show day this would be a concern.

It's not required. Corps line their own fields each and every week (or day), in DCI and DCA. You may occasionally run across housing in DCI that has lined a field for you, but it's very rare. I never once experienced it in DCA, but ran across it sometimes in DCI. Though half the time the field was line wrong unless it was in an actual stadium.

Im not sure how DCI is handeling rehersal sites??? Do they have electrical outlets at each facility? Or do they carry portable generators???? Do the corps have to provide insurance for the off show sites when a portable generator is in use? What is the premium the corps pays to the insurance to run a gas generator? If so how much is that insurance per site? I would think most sites would want to have some sort of liability protection with them named in the policy. Is a responsible adult manning the generator when it is in use or is it left up to the kids in the pit to run the generator? Is the adult a paid staff member??

Housing sites are not required to provide power at rehearsal fields. If it's there, great. If it's not, use your generator. Generator use is covered under the corps insurance along with other equipment, including tractors, golf carts, or whatever a corps uses to haul equipment around. Different corps have different folks move, set up, and operate generators. Sometimes it's staff, sometimes it's drum majors, sometimes it's trained corps members.

Once again, it's not that hard.

Edited by Kamarag

And the Ark of the Covenant is in a government warehouse. :tongue:/>/>

Oh Hell, I thought that was the funny looking new table in my cubicle. But it is kinda weird how it emits its' own light.... and noises.... and Hebrew speakin' spirits.... :shutup:

s/ Guy who really does work in a (converted) Gov't warehouse..... doing IT work...

On topic: As long as corps are not penalized for not having amps could care less..... And by penalize I mean the idea that having less "things" means a lower score.

Edited by JimF-LowBari