Who would you like to see a retro/best of/blast from the past show fro

BD did reuse some of the old stuff in 2010 with La Suerta De Los Tontos. How did that turn out for you? Odds are, any revisiting will be much like this.

Funny enough, originally the end of their closer, which was a recall of "Laura" (their "ballad"/2nd movement) was going to be the original Los Suerte ending, screaming trumpet and all. They rehearsed it until a day before their family preview, but pulled it before it was ever publicly performed.

For the people who know the show by the drill moves, that's from the condensing big arch to the end of the show. Exactly the same drill was used (except they stood still in the block at the end instead of breaking apart/over).

Their 2010 show actually had a lot of little "Easter Eggs" throughout the show from previous shows in BD history (visual & musical snippets).

I'd Love to see INT play Jonh Cage's 4'33! That would be Awesome!

• Like 1

I'd like to see Crown revisit Stormworks and/or the full Concerto for 4 Percussion (2001 opener) with their current performance levels and design.

Edited by c.l.

A few of you might know me as one of the dinosaurs who, on rare occasions, crawls out of his cubbyhole to moan about electronics, amplification, Bb horns, and other new-fangled things I don't like. I admit, I unabashedly don't like the direction the activity has taken.

HOWEVER, as paradoxical as this might sound, I am also mostly uninterested in the idea of DCI corps doing "retro" shows, or in rehashing old material, however great I think it might have been back in the day. By contrast, I think that the drumcorps medium as it was constituted in the 70s/80s/90s -- i.e., G bugles, acoustic-only, music-based show design -- wasn't anywhere near exhausted in terms of its potential. There is so much great music that was never attempted, and so much great new music as well, that rather than rehash I'd be much more interested in seeing what new things arrangers could do with the classic instrumentation and music-centric approach.

One of the things that was so great about corps, was how it could take grand music, and make it even grander and more thrilling... not by changing it and slicing it into pieces, but by the shear magnitude of 60 brass and thick harmony. It also introduced me to a lot of music I otherwise wouldn't have known about. I guess I'd rather see a retro corps model, but with new shows, than retro shows.

Could BD do a revamp of 76 but stay in 70s and give us change up. High leg lift and all but remain original? Could it win?

I really like modern drum corps and carried a timpani!

You lugged a timpani around all summer long BITD, so well ya,.. hello ?.. of course you now like modern day Drum Corps compared to that hernia creating " innovation " idea that someone cooked up for you guys back then.

You lugged a timpani around all summer long BITD, so well ya,.. hello ?.. of course you now like modern day Drum Corps compared to that hernia creating " innovation " idea that someone cooked up for you guys back then.

Did timps weigh more than bass drums?