Annapolis

Yeah... but in the case of Annapolis, you have no idea what you're talking about.

OK everyone else... does that about sum up our feelings? :tongue:/>/>

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah... but in the case of Annapolis, you have no idea what you're talking about.

OK everyone else... does that about sum up our feelings? :tongue:/>

Especially when the gentleman who ran the Annapolis committee has spoken up on the topic.....

:w00t:

• Like 1

Works for me. This thread is archived :):)

Even a broken watch is right twice a day.....

You only liked it because you were "up close and personal" with the skunk that got into the stadium!!! LOL I didn't mind Syracuse, personally. I'll pass on Allentown, thanks...the lighting was terrible, the wooden seats were falling apart and filled with yellow jackets and there was no parking...and THE HILL. I know that Lackawanna County Stadium in Scranton is no longer drum corps friendly...but what about the facility that currently hosts the single-night show? Would it be able to accommodate the championships?

As for Annapolis, if you were sitting under the overhang, the PA system was super terrible-we couldn't hear/understand ANYTHING. Nearly missed the 50/50 winning number on Saturday, missed all announcements of prelim scores (what happened to the "good old days" when scores were announced as we went along, so that we were only "held hostage" to the last three or so scores?) and pretty much anything else that was announced. I never flew to Rochester, only drove so not sure what the airport experience is like...but I could certainly do without BWI. Every time I've flown into/out of there, there are ALWAYS delays. We actually left yesterday, sticking around for an extra day to sight see in DC...and were rewarded for travelling on a non-holiday with a three plus hour delay. It had nothing to do with weather in either Baltimore or our destination, both were calm and clear. I also had the same complaint this year that I had last year-there were NO ushers available to help people find their seats-so people would end up coming all the way up the aisle only to realize they needed to be on the opposite side of the section. With all the cadets available, couldn't we have a couple at the exit of each tunnel to help direct people?

The big problem we are bound to have no matter where we end up, is the fact that football teams play on drum corps fields-and there are a lot more of THEM than there are of US. It isn't as big of an issue with DCI because their season ends before football season starts. As long as DCA holds their championships on Labor Day weekend, it will be an issue. While Rochester is not the most beautiful city to host the championships, it really has most everything that we need-a great venue for I&E/mini corps, tons of restaurants and hotels, lots of parking close to the stadium, a decent stadium with a great concession variety and plenty of them, and no restrictions on corps getting to play their championship encores. The only drawback to the Rochester stadium is that the seats don't fold-so when someone is entering/leaving a row, it's always an adventure. No matter where they're held, there will be some who will be ecstatic and others who will swear there's no way they're going there and they'll watch on FN, and others who will reluctantly attend live anyway. And there'll be some guy announcing it all wearing an extremely wild shirt.

Allentown went under a major rebuild 10 years ago, so really, other than the hill and parking, your concerns were addressed. But the new stadium in Scranton, which is actually the old Stadium is not championship venue worthy.

Don't say that! Someone will lose his mind...

Well John, there is historical evidence showing that broken clock is right twice a day. And it always come down to historical evidence right?

:tongue:/>

• Like 2

I loved Annapolis! Both years ( minus the rain year 1 ) were awesome. Great parks, great restaurants,

I loved Annapolis! Both years ( minus the rain year 1 ) were awesome. Great parks, great restaurants,

Aren't you sojourning from Washington, D.C. area anyway, ha, ha?

Certainly the seafood places around Annapolis make it a well worth destination on that point alone!

Rochester obviously is a smaller airport... and I guess a bunch of folks have to make more connections to get there, compared to the gazillion direct flights into BWI... but the Rochester airport is terrific, IMO. Very easy to access anything there, and a reasonably quick trip to any of the area hotels.

FYI - with US Air (?) & Southwest now merged, SW now flies into ROC. alas, not the abundance of direct flights one would hope