Cadets being mysterious? 2014?

...what does it mean?

9w0nI8H.png

It means the show is about the use of artificial fish attractors in ponds and reservoirs.

stelprdb5063076.gif

The towers from 2013 will be—just as the trees in the above photo and link—recycled to become Christmas trees that will be "sunk" in a "pond" to attract fish. The corps will thus become fish moving around the former towers. The guard will be the smaller fish, hiding inside the "trees" for protection. The horns will be the larger fish, trying to gobble up the smaller fish.

It will look something like this. (Note the drum off to the side.) The battery percussion will be doing interpretive dance during this movement, more than likely Monty Python's "Fish Slapping Dance."

Tuba_fiushes.png

I honestly can't imagine any other meaning. :shutup:

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 6

Outstanding explanation Mr. Boo! LOL!

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the new winter percussion group the Cadets are starting up. Just have them play the Scherzo from this year's show. Nobody will be able to touch them! HA! Also, Hop posted a little blurb about Xcape making an appearance on Queen Latifah's show, too, if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

I've seen people suggest half jokingly half serious that the show won't have a point.

Oh! So it'll be like any other Cadets show. :tongue:

Edited by onfirepro

Oh SNAP! Cadets have gone indoors!

I think it is a pretty natural idea, given that USBands now has a complete winter indoor season available. My gess is that the makeup of the ensemble, and this is 100% guesswork, would be more drawn from C2 than C1 (esp given the geographic makeup of C1), plus any other members they decide to add, who may or may not be part of either...or any...corps.

• Like 1