Drum Corps Recruiting

It is like 6 DCA corps all on the field at the same time!

I think I just peeed a little ...

:ohmy:

:tounge2:

BTW...Allen HS in Texas just built what is called the most expensive HS football stadium in America ($60,000,000)...it is big even by Texas standards! :tounge2:

allen-stadium-001.jpg

Maybe that should put in a bid for DCA Championships ... they're obviously used to having marchers on their field ... and it looks like they got plenty of concert-side seating and parking ...

:-)

:-)

BTW...Allen HS in Texas just built what is called the most expensive HS football stadium in America ($60,000,000)...it is big even by Texas standards! :tounge2:

allen-stadium-001.jpg

...and i'll bet you that thing is full every Friday night in the fall!!

Heck yeah for bidding on finals. Except for the fact that as beautiful as it is, it's still Texas and Finals are still in August...can you say HOT!!!!!!!

Dan

• Like 1

...and i'll bet you that thing is full every Friday night in the fall!!

Heck yeah for bidding on finals. Except for the fact that as beautiful as it is, it's still Texas and Finals are still in August...can you say HOT!!!!!!!

Dan

Texas? Hot? Nah. That's like saying Wisconsin is cold when this morning it was a nice balmy 19 degrees; almost had to toss on a jacket.

• 2 weeks later...

the internet gives people the forum to cause the damage. now I don't blame Al Gore personally, but if you have issues and you give people a place to air them, they will.

Al Gore damages drum corps. It all makes sense now.

Now here's one organization that doesn't seem to need to worry about recruiting!

Over 800 members!!!!

Can you imagine trying to clean this? They must have a visual staff bigger than most drum corps!

This should actually make us all feel better...all we have to get is 128!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FisRfTAJGEc

Wow.

However, to take your post all too seriously: with a total of 9,000 students enrolled in grades 9-12, Allen's band membership of 800 actually isn't very impressive as a percentage of the student body (9%), and so it can't really say much about recruiting. Lots of schools manage 20% or better, and I've known a few where more than 50% of the school was in the marching band. Although, in those cases, the school typically didn't have a football team.

allen-stadium-001.jpg

That is absolutely amazing!!!

I'm guessing there are many college football programs that would kill to have a stadium like that.

Wow.

However, to take your post all too seriously: with a total of 9,000 students enrolled in grades 9-12, Allen's band membership of 800 actually isn't very impressive as a percentage of the student body (9%), and so it can't really say much about recruiting. Lots of schools manage 20% or better, and I've known a few where more than 50% of the school was in the marching band. Although, in those cases, the school typically didn't have a football team.

they probably have to limit the size of the group due to costs of uniforms and equipment