Madison Scouts 2014 -- Playing the Music of Stan Kenton and Don Ellis

You're right, but if someone claims to be part if this amazing brotherhood and they might not be, I'm going to call them out on it.

Same thing if I see someone in the jacket that clearly wasn't a member, and not not on the list of exceptions I was taught, I'm going to call them on it.

And just as I fully support people that call out military impersonators because it's offensive.

This "brotherhood" seems to fight amongst itself quite a bit. Just an observation.

• Like 2

You're right, but if someone claims to be part if this amazing brotherhood and they might not be, I'm going to call them out on it.

Same thing if I see someone in the jacket that clearly wasn't a member, and not not on the list of exceptions I was taught, I'm going to call them on it.

And just as I fully support people that call out military impersonators because it's offensive.

You are a special kind of tool. Keep on fighting that fight, I guess. Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 1

Interesting that those hating on the Scouts as of late have nothing to say as the corps has improved in the score department.

Let me guess, those hating on the corps think it's a fluke because thus corps wasn't there, or maybe there wasn't a guard judge, or they only had 7 snares, or blah blah blah.

I was hating on the corps because of their terrible arrangement of one my favorites pieces of kitsch, Fanfare For The New, but now that they've reduced it to just a fanfare I don't have near as much to rag on them about. The big-band shout section of the second tune sounds quite good. But it's still weird to hear Madison Scouts end their show with a whimper.

• Like 1

It is funny how all the people talking about placements and complaining that the Scouts aren't placing well never mentioned that the Scouts hornline tied Carolina Crown in the achievement sub caption last night... Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Edited by weedyweidenthal
  • Like 4

You are a special kind of tool. Keep on fighting that fight, I guess.

Wow. I'm now a tool. Haven't been called a 7th grade insult since, well, the 7th grade, so thanks for that.

Oh, I'll keep pushing my thoughts since I'm not done with the Madison organization, as you have said you are.

Thanks for being the "big" man though with the tool comment, it really shows how big and bad you are

How have I missed this thread the past few days? Things have really heated up in here. The Scouts, current members or former, have never not entertained.

I thought they sounded great last night! I'm also glad they cut down Fanfare for the New. It wasn't working and didn't work for BD in 87 either.

Wow. I'm now a tool. Haven't been called a 7th grade insult since, well, the 7th grade, so thanks for that.

Oh, I'll keep pushing my thoughts since I'm not done with the Madison organization, as you have said you are.

Thanks for being the "big" man though with the tool comment, it really shows how big and bad you are

Here's a big "thumbs up" for you. Hang on a sec while I get you a cookie.

Here's a big "thumbs up" for you. Hang on a sec while I get you a cookie.

Wow, this is the path you're choosing.

Stay classy on those roads, Napolean.