Spirit of Atlanta...

JKT90

Wow, based on this, "derbydawg", you must've been around Spirit a lot this past summer to know that the staff members returning are responsible for anything bad that happened. Otherwise, do tell how you are privy to such information?!

Unless you were there you don't know who did what. How about you hold off on your wildly ridiculous comments about anyone's "level of suck" until the corps actually gets an audition camp in. Good grief people!

Sorry if I am offending anyone. Yes, my level of criticism is harsh. I have been a big supporter on and off the field for the past five or so years. Too many members and staff have been hurt by the horrific decisions made last season, and it was preventable.

Your first statement suggests that perhaps the returning staff members are not responsible for anything "bad" that happened last season. Though there are many aspects of last summer that could be labeled "bad", depends on your definition, I will say plainly that the show was bad. Someone could try to argue that fact. I would offer without hesitation that their analysis would be wrong. Board President hires director, director hires staff including design team and caption heads, etc. They all are in multiple ways to blame for the bad show. Not a less than okay show, or a show that did not quite work, but a bad show. At many state high school band competitions it would be a bad show.

Or they could have just replaced the visual designer, retained the same staff, and been just fine. The brass staff and other section staff were quite good last year, they just were not put in a position (physically, literally) to succeed.

Hm what do you know? A differing opinion that could be JUST AS VALID as your accusatory, rude,(need I go on?) one derbydawg. Some of us should remember that our opinions are just that. Stating them as facts makes you look a little silly and a lot self-absorbed.

Hm what do you know? A differing opinion that could be JUST AS VALID as your accusatory, rude,(need I go on?) one derbydawg. Some of us should remember that our opinions are just that. Stating them as facts makes you look a little silly and a lot self-absorbed.

Find one non-biased, qualified person who would state the show was good. Ready. Go.

• Like 1

Find one non-biased, qualified person who would state the show was good. Ready. Go.

Lol I don't like how harsh derbydawg is but I do kind of agree with him. Spirit put out a sad product this summer. Edited by Cappybara

I hope you are NOT thinking that he as arranger will be laying down on the job.

Not at all. I've seen a good amount of his work on the marching band circuit as of late. I'm sure he'll be fantastic with SoA, and I'm looking forward to next year's production. I was thinking that every time I hear that name I think of spartacus. That's all.

I don't care to state my "qualifications" publicly- I did see the show in Chester in early July. I have no dog in the fight. The show was "okay". I'd watch it again if given the opportunity. It was enjoyable to watch and listen to. I didn't consider it that awful. Was it a good enough vehicle for their talent- and it was obvious they had talent there- to have a fair shot at at a finals berth? No, not at all. If that's the definition of "bad", well, it was "bad", I guess.

I've seen "bad" as in cringing, wincing, and wanting to get up and walk away bad in the scholastic activity, DCI, and DCA over the last 5 decades to know by far, this show wasn't "bad" by those standards. The last DCI show I thought really cringeworthy to that point was the Glassmen vampire show, and that was more the thematic design aspects of the program. the story they wanted to tell was, yeah, cringeworthy, not engaging me at all, and not my cup o' tea, and I say that as someone that's open enough to have bought into the BD Dada show.

• Like 1

I am afraid Spirit is going to fall into the same kind of show as this past season. There is not enough interesting concept to do a southern show which already has been done. I don't think many want to see it anyway. Southern is a way of life that unless you are from here, most could care less about. I also think interest will fain with Louisiana Stars, Music City, and Southwind on the scene.