Phantom Regiment 2014

. It almost feels like they did the show last year.

I can't make up my mind if I like this Phantom show for 2014 here in preseason any better or worse than any other Corps show in preseason that I havn't seen or heard.

Maybe I just need a second viewing... or maybe their preseason unseen show will just grow on me once I see and hear it for the first time. But of course, that might be too optimistic on this Phantom unseen and unheard production too, who really knows.

Probably none. Placements are much more a function of Show Design more than marcher performance and execution. Its adults judging their fellow colleague adults that design these shows that mostly drives the placements these days in DCI.

Sadly true.

I can't make up my mind if I like this Phantom show for 2014 here in preseason any better or worse than any other Corps show in preseason that I havn't seen or heard.

Maybe I just need a second viewing... or maybe their preseason unseen show will just grow on me once I see and hear it for the first time. But of course, that might be too optimistic on this Phantom unseen and unheard production too, who really knows.

I think maybe you need a second un-viewing and un-hearing to better appreciate the show we are not seeing or hearing. I know that once I did not hear the music for a second time I appreciated it MUCH more than after the first time I did not hear it. :tounge2:

• Like 3

I think maybe you need a second un-viewing and un-hearing to better appreciate the show we are not seeing or hearing. I know that once I did not hear the music for a second time I appreciated it MUCH more than after the first time I did not hear it. :tounge2:

If only that would fit on a t-shirt.

• Like 1

Yes, having not heard or seen the show, I'm really having a hard time getting into it too. Maybe a few more weeks of cleaning and by the end of the month I hope they change my mind when next I don't see it.

• Like 1

For perspective, we are afterall, commenting on a phantom show by a Phantom named corps, so the irony of that on our commenting on an unseen Phantom show should not be lost, imo.

• Like 1

Yes, having not heard or seen the show, I'm really having a hard time getting into it too. Maybe a few more weeks of cleaning and by the end of the month I hope they change my mind when next I don't see it.

INT and Phantom both have a lot in common. Nobody's seen or heard either, but both unseen and unheard shows draw a lot of negative reviews here on DCP.

But I'm just not seeing it.

• Like 1

Regiment's FB page dropped a passing reference to French composer Paul Dukas yesterday... any chance we'll be hearing some of his work too? La Peri, perhaps?

This evening they asked if anyone has heard of Dracula by Philip Feeney.

Edited by Lincoln

This evening they asked if anyone has heard of Dracula by Philip Feeney.

Is that a reference to Dracula's Castle dropping in sale price? I thing we should all put $10 each in the pot and see if we can buy it for the asking price of $80M.

Now that is what I call "off topic."

:muahaha:

Edited by Old Corps Guy