Phantom Regiment 2014

I'll be honest with everyone: I think Phantom's music is going to be wonderful. I believe it will play better once staged on the field and once we all witness it in that context. I also really like that Howard King Kong score (as film scores go). No, it's not Herman or Williams, but it's pretty darn good for what they need it for.

I also think the issues with the percussion line will fade away to some extent as they clean-up their drill and get more performance experience together as a section. The park performance was just a bad performance all around, and the rain had something to do with that, and perhaps mental focus. Honeslty, I am excited to see their show. Fingers crossed for a fabulous season!!

• Like 3

I was at the dress rehearsal last night. I think the show has great potential and a very interesting design. Very dark!! I'm excited to see how this develops throughout the season.

I was at the dress rehearsal last night. I think the show has great potential and a very interesting design. Very dark!! I'm excited to see how this develops throughout the season.

Thanks - did the uniform change at any point during the show?

Yes, the uniforms, both corps and guard change. The change is quite dramatic. Let's just say they go to the dark side.

• Like 1

It truned into this for the closer...

jolly_jesters_1957.jpg

The Jolly Jesters...I never got to see them...but the uni looks cool.

This Corps from the 50's was seemingly WAY ahead of its time regarding its choice of headgear. It would be considered avard garde and progressive today for certain, imo

Edited by BRASSO