Bluecoats 2014

Well I watched that video that got leaked a few nights ago and it's definitely making me feel like only a few shows have early season.

I'm with you 100% on this. I very rarely am extremely excited about shows early season, but man... This show is killer.

the show is top three

It will be interesting to see how well they clean it this year and how it grows throughout the season - potential is there!

• Like 1

Imma just leave this right here.

GOOD LORD!!!!

Gold Medal. I'm telling you, it's bloo's year.

• Like 2

Wow, that was amazing, why don't I take a second to blink my eyes a few times before I watch it agai...aaaaand+she+s+gone+_b9ff28547692ae919a3a

• Like 1

Video has been taken down by DCI. You know, the funny thing is, a BIG reason why I am going tonight is to see the Bluecoats, and that is because of the video of their run-through.

DCI, I would love to see the data on loss of tickets sales because of fuzzy YouTube videos posted on the Internet. I would just love it. </sarcasm>

• Like 1

Video has been taken down by DCI.

As I posted in another thread a while ago, there are videos of corps rehearsals that are taken down quite quickly yet there are rips of DCI DVDs that have as yet to have anyone do anything about and they have been there for months.

Actually, I think it's just the synth that bends it's pitch, to sound like the hornline. I first thought it was the horns too, and was awestruck. But you can hear the brass re-enter when the chord gets to the bottom pitch.

Check out the soloist at the beginning...he is bending flat at the end of his solo, so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy5E778WHg4

As I posted in another thread a while ago, there are videos of corps rehearsals that are taken down quite quickly yet there are rips of DCI DVDs that have as yet to have anyone do anything about and they have been there for months.

Maybe it's not DCI, but rather the Bluecoats. I got scolded by David Glasgow a few years back and it appears they might be quite behind the curve on the social media. Although they seemed to have seriously corrected this in the last year -- just don't know if they have figured out how to make something go viral (something my industry does with regularity -- hint, the more videos out there, the more tickets sold). Who knows, whoever it is, is killing potential new "customers".

Okay, forgive my guard focused ignorance, but what does that even mean?

He bends the pitch lower toward the end of those long notes. Kind of like making a "BOW" sound, but in slow motion.

On a somewhat unrelated note, this kid's got chops for days later in the opener.

Edited by ksampsondavis