Bluecoats 2014

Based only on what I've seen from runthrough vids, this is my favorite Bluecoats program since "Criminal" (a show I thought was underscored). Waiting a month to see it live is going to kill me.

• Like 1

I've not praised Coats in 10 years, even when they were great, I never got on their band wagon...

The Bluecoats family is being modest on this thread.

Just viewing the full run, 2014 Bluecoats show, you can say it's top three (because it is), but I can say this is a championship worthy corps. I'm in LOVE with 2014 Bluecoats.

This corps is just getting started and they are already on fire.

I'm going to buy me my first Bluecoats gear and t shirt. Congrats on your work this far,,, and I am your new BC Homer!!!!!

Blooooooooooo

(go scouts)

This! I liked it a lot too

• Like 1

i've been warming to the Coats for the past 4 or 5 years. Absolutley loved segments of their shows. But they haven't put it all together (IMO at least) so far. This is certainly their best attempt to date. Can't WAIT to see it live :-) Bloo fans should be very excited.

• Like 2

I was not the biggest fan of Blooo's 2013 show but holy crap, this 2014 show is overwhelmingly awesome. My favorite show last year was SCV's Les Mis but this Bluecoats show tops that! I love it. It saddens me that a show this wonderful won't necessarily get points with judges. I hope it does, these guys deserve it. It's a by product of having an artistic event turned into a competitive event I guess. They're my number one show (so far).

My son LOVES the Bluecoats and did the Blue Way camp this year so we got to see this show getting worked on. It was raining the second day so we got to see (and hear) a run through INSIDE the gym at Denison. Wow!

Good Lord I just saw this clip shared by Cop on another thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXzhvp7ald0

WOW.... just f-ing WOW. Would love to hear that live!

This gave me so much life. I thank you.

What I can't get over is that the brass line literally bends their intonation throughout the show, including the soloists. I just saw a rehearsal clip for the first time and the show literally tilts you inside. My neck was tilted by the end of the show, but I literally felt like someone had transported me to a tilted version of reality. I can't imagine what it will look like LIVE, up close and personal. I think I just decided to fly back to Ohio (I'm on the west coast) to the Massillon show on the 4th. It's gonna be SICK.

• Like 2