Bluecoats 2014

I'm with you. Feel like we called it :cool:

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING! I knew, regardless of how high a level the design was, I was going to enjoy it. But it is VERY high on a few first reads. How much they can do with a little itty bitty 4 letter word astounds me. This is new age drum corps, ESPECIALLY the use of electronics, at it's absolute best. I see this show in a little less then a month, and I cannot wait.

• Like 1

Tilt looks to be a contender for sure, perhaps top 3, maybe top 2.

I hope you are right. But you're running out of room in your top 2 or 3. Lol. You've already put crown and Cadets there too. Not to mention west coast material.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

I hope you are right. But you're running out of room in your top 2 or 3. Lol. You've already put crown and Cadets there too. Not to mention west coast material.

Yes, I am running out of room. I haven't seen BD yet, but it's almost a given that they're top 3. That's the tough part. With other corps, even as consistent as Cadets and Crown have been and Cavaliers up until a few years ago, at least one of those 3 corps would drop out of the top every once in a while which would open things up for a corps like Phantom (2012), Bluecoats (2010), and Crown themselves in 2009.

Now Bluecoats are looking to get back into top 3. The positives: they've been there before, they have the right kind of show with a modern feel and excellent performance captions, and perhaps this is their best visual design.

The negatives (for Blooo or SCV and others): Cadets, Crown and BD are really solid once again, and usually they are stronger across the board than most corps (especially with Crown having a better perc. line).

After seeing SCV on FN I am not encouraged. Good show, but almost too sloppy for this time of summer. It's not finished, which isn't exactly a good thing (as much as others want to think it is). But I hope SCV improves and becomes the best they can be, but I clearly see Bluecoats above them right now...and Blooo might stay that way all summer. Keeping fingers crossed that they make it back into the top 4. I'm fine with Cadets or Crown or BD being bumped from top 3 if Blooo can get a seat. But I know that bumping BD from top 3 is NO EASY TASK!

Watched the video and was very impressed. The Bluecoats are doing things with sound and visual that is fresh, interesting and exciting. The performers are obviously up to the challenge. Certainly medalist potential. Very happy for the corps.

• Like 1

I've not praised Coats in 10 years, even when they were great, I never got on their band wagon...

The Bluecoats family is being modest on this thread.

Just viewing the full run, 2014 Bluecoats show, you can say it's top three (because it is), but I can say this is a championship worthy corps. I'm in LOVE with 2014 Bluecoats.
This corps is just getting started and they are already on fire.

I'm going to buy me my first Bluecoats gear and t shirt. Congrats on your work this far,,, and I am your new BC Homer!!!!!

Blooooooooooo

(go scouts)

Edited by Cop
  • Like 5