Bluecoats 2014

Good Lord I just saw this clip shared by Cop on another thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXzhvp7ald0

WOW.... just f-ing WOW. Would love to hear that live!

Now that's effect! Can't wait to see them in Jackson, NJ!

So sad I had to miss this show. Had to play 2 shows at the Lincoln Theater (big band) in Columbus, OH. The Akron show is usually one of the finest shows out there, and so is the Bluecoats Massillon show. Tilt looks to be a contender for sure, perhaps top 3, maybe top 2, and the special effects both visually and musically are wonderful, just going off of what little I know about the show. I will not be able to review it fully until later in the season (sadly). I'd go to Bowling Green today if I had time, but alas another gig to play.

Boy, I tell ya, these gigs are really getting in the way of my DCI experience. #prioritesNeedAdjusted

If the rest of Bloo's show is even close to that clip then this is going to be their best chance ever to contend for the top.

That's the best part - it is. In my opinion at least. I saw them rehearsing the closer first and then watched the full run-thru, and the rest of the show is just as awesome as the closer. The ballad is BEAUTIFUL as well.

This show is perhaps the coolest concept I've ever seen. Absolutely loved it and can't wait to see it again (unfortunately, it'll be Indy as they aren't in Bowling Green).

That said... I didn't think "title contender" when I saw it. I thought "top 3 or 4." Still incredible regardless.

Personally I "ENJOYED" it the most of any show last night...how that parallels what the judging panels will say over the season... :satisfied:

Bluecoats show has it all.

From the get-go, the sound they convey tells you that this show will be like none other - that alone sets it apart from all others. It's not Blue Devils or Crown, it the BLUECOATS! They own it!

Next you hear the opener which is so fitting with Bloo attitude and bad@## style.

Then, how about that drum interlude? So much going on, snares play magically with one hand while projecting drumming that seems impossible. The drum piece is so enjoyable, and with everything else going on, you can't avoid wanting to give a standing O at the last tap of the sticks . . . but, wait for it...

... that ballad! Oh my, the ballad. Beautiful, haunting, goose-bumping emotional. Wow! There has been no finer ballad in the history of drum corps.

The closer? As with the ballad, I don't think you'll see and hear a better one out there this year - and I'm not just talking about the ending. The closer rocks!

The ending? This show is so good that you'll hate the feeling like you can't wait for it to end. However, with this ending, it's definitely worth seeing the show come to a close because they produce some of the most incredible sounds you've ever heard. It's absolutely brilliant.

Speaking of brilliant - hats off to Doug Thrower and Tom Rarick. OUTSTANDING WORK!

Visually, the show design is incredible! As are the props, the colors, and the tilting field.

Every championship show has its moment. This show has many moments.

Bluecoats 2014, medal and title contender!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

I have some amazing videos including a full run at 1080p --- but I'd kinda feel guilty sharing before the theater event

I have some amazing videos including a full run at 1080p --- but I'd kinda feel guilty sharing before the theater event

How about just making it unlisted or private until the theater event is over. Then after that, make it public.