Bluecoats 2014

maybe...I still think it's BD's to lose. but I think winning brass, percussion and GE is definitely a sign that the Cadets may get knocked from 2nd soon.

Bloo had a phenomenal run last night. They outperformed themselves in several captions. While that's great, it spells trouble for Bloo as the judges now think their books are too easy, atleast compared to other corps. I wouldn't get too hopeful.

• Like 1

Man, this year's Devils isn't even remotely close to the most...risque ever. That honor belongs to the 2004 San Francisco Renegades. The first two minutes of that show was clearly the inspiration for Fifty Shades of Grey.

Senior corps. Well, yeah!?!

Sorry if this is mentioned above - did the Coats change their ending at the Buffalo show? There is reference to this in the Buffalo show forum, but I get the feeling someone is pulling everyone's leg. The word there is that the ramp jump was removed and a "double Z pull" was put in its place. Could someone knowledgeable confirm or deny this? (I love the ramp jump, that is one reason why this seems incredible to me.)

Sorry if this is mentioned above - did the Coats change their ending at the Buffalo show? There is reference to this in the Buffalo show forum, but I get the feeling someone is pulling everyone's leg. The word there is that the ramp jump was removed and a "double Z pull" was put in its place. Could someone knowledgeable confirm or deny this? (I love the ramp jump, that is one reason why this seems incredible to me.)

They added the "double Z pull" shortly before Atlanta, and at the end of that move, a single marching member does a ~40-yard dash for a ramp jump at the last moment of the impact.

Hoping this is Bloo's year! They've got a great, entertaining show and the crowd would go absolutely berzerk if they won. Devils win and the crowd sits on its hands once again. GO BLOO!!

They added the "double Z pull" shortly before Atlanta, and at the end of that move, a single marching member does a ~40-yard dash for a ramp jump at the last moment of the impact.

Yes. I was there, I posted the review. There is one jumper... and a Z Pull... you kinda have to pick which one you want to look at. The Z Pull drill is front and center... the jumper is behind-ish... off of far side 1.

Hey...

This staging should be switched... come to think of it.

Anywho. I rarely pull legs... just wouldn't be friendly-like.

Edited by cfirwin3

Hoping this is Bloo's year! They've got a great, entertaining show and the crowd would go absolutely berzerk if they won. Devils win and the crowd sits on its hands once again. GO BLOO!!

The crowd isn't sitting on their hands with the Devils. They are picking their jaws up off the floor.

• Like 2

Don't know about that... Allentown is not generally known as being friendly to BD, and the crowd went nuts Friday night for their show. I realize that they have not been a crowd favorite in recent years (and aren't this year, those honors go to Bloo and Crown) but they are VERY entertaining and VERY good this year. The crowd will go berserk regardless of how Bloo finishes, LOVE that show!

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

The crowd isn't sitting on their hands with the Devils. They are picking their jaws up off the floor.

Yeah... what he said!

By the way, it's OK to like both. Really, it is. :)

Bloo had a phenomenal run last night. They outperformed themselves in several captions. While that's great, it spells trouble for Bloo as the judges now think their books are too easy, atleast compared to other corps. I wouldn't get too hopeful.

Out performing a show doesn't necessarily mean that the judges find the show to be easier than others. It means that the show is becoming easy for THEM. This is a good thing... but ONLY on finals night. The comp. and rep. scores stand alone against other corps comp. and rep. scores.