Bluecoats 2014

Never having marched myself, what kind of credentials do they check anyways? Birth certificate? School transcripts?

Massillon is going to erupt on Monday!

Yes it will. Don't be one of those people who years from now will be saying "I knew I should have gone."

Advance tickets through DCI.org will be available thru Saturday. This show always has a big walk up.

GET YOUR TICKETS now!

• Like 1

Massillon is going to erupt on Monday!

I hope DCI allows it to happen. 73 year old GE judges seem to be hurting bloo

• Like 1

I hope DCI allows it to happen. 73 year old GE judges seem to be hurting bloo

Don't make it an age issue..Youth is no guarantee of a better score. Experience and education is what it's about. :thumbdown:

Don't make it an age issue..Youth is no guarantee of a better score. Experience and education is what it's about. :thumbdown:

Look here's my observation and take it for what it's worth: the relatively new judges to GE (im not necessarily referring to how old they, just how many years they've judged GE) have seemed to judged quite differently than the old and experienced judges this year. They've been putting corps with greater crowd response in front of corps with less. Now if I'm remembering correctly, this IS how GE is supposed to be judged now. It's supposed to take into account the crowd point of view. I'm not seeing the older judges budge from their older ways of judging. Of course there is no way to confirm this, but that's the way it's starting to come across.

Agreed it isn't an age issue exactly, but those that promoted an approach to GE that became completely disconnected from the fan base tend to be older. One particular individual exemplifies this. That's how we ended up with Championship shows where an average fan (which we are not) just watches with no particular response.

Yes it will. Don't be one of those people who years from now will be saying "I knew I should have gone."

Advance tickets through DCI.org will be available thru Saturday. This show always has a big walk up.

GET YOUR TICKETS now!

And, weather forecast for Monday is looking terrific! C'mon Mother Nature, please bring great weather to Massillon! - so far, so good!

Look here's my observation and take it for what it's worth: the relatively new judges to GE (im not necessarily referring to how old they, just how many years they've judged GE) have seemed to judged quite differently than the old and experienced judges this year. They've been putting corps with greater crowd response in front of corps with less. Now if I'm remembering correctly, this IS how GE is supposed to be judged now. It's supposed to take into account the crowd point of view. I'm not seeing the older judges budge from their older ways of judging. Of course there is no way to confirm this, but that's the way it's starting to come across.

But judging by crowd reaction is a pretty crude measure. For example, I watched BD and Coats at the same show (DeKalb). Coats got the crowd worked up and cheering a lot. But BD's show seemed to hold people quietly in thrall, and on the edge of their seats. That is my read, anyway (and it's why I like BD's show so much).

So which crowd reaction should garner more points?