The Cadets - 2014

The Cadets show gives me shivers every time. The music is wondrous and the presentation is beautiful. Definitely one of the best shows around.

• Like 1

Quick question: I know drumline members, especially in the battery, like to wear the same gear (like the same shorts, for example). I was looking through some pics of the Cadets and saw the battery all wearing one of the following:

Camo Boston Red Sox Hat

Navy Blue Atlanta Braves Hat

University of South Carolina "COCKS" Hat

Can anyone fill me in on why those were the chosen ones? Ignoring the obvious joke in the latter; we make it all the time down in SEC country. :tounge2:

I can answer one of them. The tenors wear the "B" baseball cap because they call themselves either the Tenors from Bergen or the Quads from Bergen - been awhile so I can't remember. .

I can answer one of them. The tenors wear the "B" baseball cap because they call themselves either the Tenors from Bergen or the Quads from Bergen - been awhile so I can't remember. .

QB!!!

Cadets, you have a beautiful, well designed program with strong captions across the board. It took me several views to love you but once it clicked, I realized you're it. Keep cleaning those subtle things you do. Facial and body gestures of the narrator, intrigue foot work of the brass, glorious musical passages not just runs, wonderful guard book and those great blending visual patterns that make transitions a great feature of the show. Most of all, as muscle memory takes over, enjoy and exude the emotion that is this show. Looking forward to your new ending and uniform changes. Thanks for keeping it a constant change this season. Love you.

Edited by theCHEZman
  • Like 2

Cadets, you have a beautiful, well designed program with strong captions across the board. It took me several views to love you but once it clicked, I realized you're it. Keep cleaning those subtle things you do. Facial and body gestures of the narrator, intrigue foot work of the brass, glorious musical passages not just runs, wonderful guard book and those great blending visual patterns that make transitions a great feature of the show. Most of all, as muscle memory takes over, enjoy and exude the emotion that is this show. Looking forward to your new ending and uniform changes. Thanks for keeping it a constant change this season. Love you.

And, the battery 'kill shot' diagonally across the field is a thing of beauty....technically ridiculous at that tempo, but so musically executed, synchronized with that beast of a C-Pit. I think Fugett got it right the other night, and he was able to track them all the way.

Edited by brichtimp

And, the battery 'kill shot' diagonally across the field is a thing of beauty....technically ridiculous at that tempo, but so musically executed, synchronized with that beast of a C-Pit. I think Fugett got it right the other night, and he was able to track them all the way.

Percussion certainly delivers but they won last year. I was kind of acknowledging the vast improvement in show design and especially guard from last year. The show is just a better overall design and no "weak captions" like guard last year pulling them down.

Percussion certainly delivers but they won last year. I was kind of acknowledging the vast improvement in show design and especially guard from last year. The show is just a better overall design and no "weak captions" like guard last year pulling them down.

Yes, percussion won last year, yet they have a high percent of rookies this year (battery especially); so it is noteworthy that this highly visible section is driving the machine at a high level again this year.

Reading the comments today and over the weekend on DCP can be headache inducing

I can always tell when the Cadets are in the midwest and "their" favorite corps are getting beat - suddenly Cadets are boring blah blah blah

Same crap, different year...

• Like 1

"the biggest changes"? surely you don't mean changing their uniforms.

What's coming down the pike, especially to raise their visual demand, which seemed to be the only area where they're outperforming what's given to them. I don't see them winning gold unless visual demand is raised.

I'm probably one of the most impatient Cadet fans there is when I know there is stuff coming the pike and I want them to insert it now. It seems to me that the Cadet's strategy is working quite nicely on when to add/insert changes. Everyone in the world knows the Cadets are planning a uniform change for the guard; it will be no surprise but yet it will be a surprise when the Cadets actually do use the guard uniform changes and the cumberbund changes. I'm not sure I agree with you on visual demand....the Cadets seem to be playing their cards just right.

Irving

Fan of the Arts