The Cadets - 2014

Two points is a solid lead despite that percussion loss which I'm sure they will pay for tomorrow at rehearsal.

that same judge had them first with Coats second the night prior - so a "call it they see it" judge - which I totally admire

clearly the 2 lines are very close right now and flip flopping - Cadets have to out clean the Coats - which as all things in life, starts with the feet

Now I'm questioning a new ending if The Cadets are right up to the gun now as far as show time duration.

Lastly, I don't see how anyone can hate Cracker Barrel. Seriously, the country fried steak...nom, nom, nom... (DISCLAIMER: The use of the phrase Cracker Barrel is not intended to be used in any way, shape, or form to disparage white, Southern conservatives.)

The chicken and dumplings arent bad as well... and the macaroni and cheese.....

Cadets with some plan changes & 60 hours of rehearsal next Monday to Thursday - I wonder what they will do with that massive chunk of rehearsal time??

A Rough Draft:

Monday, July 28th

9 am arrive
11 am – Breakfast
12 noon – rehearsal
4 pm – Lunch
5 pm --- Rehearsal
8 pm – Dinner
9 pm – Laundry

Tuesday, July 29th

8 am – breakfast
9 am – rehearsal
1 pm – Lunch
2 pm – Rehearsal
6:30 pm – Snack
7 pm – Community Rehearsal and Performance
9 pm – Dinner

Wednesday, July 30th

8 am – breakfast
9 am – rehearsal
1 pm – Lunch
2 pm – Rehearsal
5 pm – Pack and Load
9 pm – Performance at the West Chester DCI Show
http://yea.showare.com/default.asp

Thursday, July 31st

9 am – Rehearsal at Rutgers University – High Point Solutions
5 pm – off the field
9 pm – Performance at the Tour of Champions DCI Rutgers Show
http://yea.showare.com/default.asp

There are still some details to work out around Allentown but I can say that I am reasonably sure that we will be rehearsing at Liberty High School in Bethlehem, PA

Looks like the 5th tenor is out?

missing a snare too

Watching the scores has been interesting this season--especially for GE and Visual. I didn't go back an dissect so I'm sure the statisticians might disagree with some generalizations, but the Cadets have bested just about everyone in every competition save the BD in GE. However, it doesn't appear that the BD score change velocity has kept up with the Cadets recently. I know different shows/different scores but we all know that DCI judges keep the scoring on some sort of trajectory so that the winning corps at finals will almost always be 97.5+, but no one gets that score prior to finals week (again I'm just going on memory). So I read jumps at this point as legit versus just judging whims.

The Cadets seem to have taken a cue from Phantom Regiment in the last few years, especially Turandot in 2012. PR started the season one position or two behind the Cadets consistently but kept adding elements to the show to overtake them finals week (or maybe earlier (Allentown?) I don't remember). This strategy is a little different for the Cadets as they usually seem to come out of the gate with way more than they can manage initially then spend the entire season cleaning. Reading Hop's FB posts seems to support that this is being very strategically managed.

I guess I'm kinda rambling but it would seem that their strategy is working and timed so that they overtake BD for the lead after Atlanta. I hope I'm right. I think this show has the stuff to be one of their high points, certainly in this century, and seems to be an homage to their past style and image moreso than the past couple of years.

Watching the scores has been interesting this season--especially for GE and Visual. I didn't go back an dissect so I'm sure the statisticians might disagree with some generalizations, but the Cadets have bested just about everyone in every competition save the BD in GE. However, it doesn't appear that the BD score change velocity has kept up with the Cadets recently. I know different shows/different scores but we all know that DCI judges keep the scoring on some sort of trajectory so that the winning corps at finals will almost always be 97.5+, but no one gets that score prior to finals week (again I'm just going on memory). So I read jumps at this point as legit versus just judging whims.

The Cadets seem to have taken a cue from Phantom Regiment in the last few years, especially Turandot in 2012. PR started the season one position or two behind the Cadets consistently but kept adding elements to the show to overtake them finals week (or maybe earlier (Allentown?) I don't remember). This strategy is a little different for the Cadets as they usually seem to come out of the gate with way more than they can manage initially then spend the entire season cleaning. Reading Hop's FB posts seems to support that this is being very strategically managed.

I guess I'm kinda rambling but it would seem that their strategy is working and timed so that they overtake BD for the lead after Atlanta. I hope I'm right. I think this show has the stuff to be one of their high points, certainly in this century, and seems to be an homage to their past style and image moreso than the past couple of years.

I think you're right on.

I was thinking the same thing....although BD is a freakin beast this year and hopefully, in true Cadets fashion, Cadets will overtake them. But obviously we know Cadets will have to kill it.

I watched the show on FN again

You know when they could add some drill magic? During the drum solo in Kennedy when the corps is currently in the block with the guard doing their "movement" which consists mostly of waving the horn around and squatting - none of which is particularly magical

A cool opportunity with some great tempo to work some drill in instead of the "movement" - IMO

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1