The Cadets - 2014

As far as the new drape, not a fan. I think traditional red, white and blue bunting would have been more in character with the historical nature of the show. You know ... the type FDR would actually have been speaking in front of ...

FDR_Speaking_Distance.jpg

• Like 1

That looks WAY better than the grandmother-house curtains they had before!

glad it was professionally done digitally , Not some dad ( wilth all respect ) painting it. Not that I think Cadets wouldn't do it the best way possible.

Edited by GUARDLING

As far as the new drape, not a fan. I think traditional red, white and blue bunting would have been more in character with the historical nature of the show. You know ... the type FDR would actually have been speaking in front of ...

I think the reason it was avoided was because of the rag-tag look it would actually give even if it was historically accurate.

a much cleaner and effective look for the stage!

I thought the one right before was more "Presidential" and less "'MURICA" than this one, but they both convey the theme.

That looks WAY better than the grandmother-house curtains they had before!

I kind of liked those. It sort of hearkened back to a town square gazebo concert of a century or more ago. It gave the show a historic look.

However, this looks like it will work too, in a difference way. I hope the narrator's costumes don't looked washed out with those bright colors.

• Like 1

I kind of liked those. It sort of hearkened back to a town square gazebo concert of a century or more ago. It gave the show a historic look.

However, this looks like it will work too, in a difference way. I hope the narrator's costumes don't looked washed out with those bright colors.

They still use the old "drapes." This new version is flipped down as part of the final push. There is also a 30 ft. (Approx) tall backdrop of the Capitol Building spanning from 42 yard line to 42 yard line that gets hoisted up at the end...not kidding. Wonderful performance by the kids the last couple of nights though.

• Like 2

They still use the old "drapes." This new version is flipped down as part of the final push. There is also a 30 ft. (Approx) tall backdrop of the Capitol Building spanning from 42 yard line to 42 yard line that gets hoisted up at the end...not kidding. Wonderful performance by the kids the last couple of nights though.

Hahahaha come on. Also why would the backdrop be the Capitol if this show is about the executive? Because it suddenly turns into a show about "we the people" at the end?

• Like 1

Hahahaha come on. Also why would the backdrop be the Capitol if this show is about the executive? Because it suddenly turns into a show about "we the people" at the end?

Yes it does. New ending is about the people as they all come up in the stage. That's what I say, yes, that is what the chezman says.