The Cadets - 2014

I think Cadets 2013 would have worked much better with different music. However, I"ll finish by saying that musically the show is spectacular.

I have to agree. The climax in the Andante is for me the most intense "tension and release" moment in my years of watching and listening to corps. Phantom has had a few too. Perhaps there are better but not that have affected me like that. When I saw them in Lafayette tears were streaming down my face at that moment and I didn't even understand why--it just overwhelmed me. I think the sheer emotion of what I feel from the music is what drives my adoration of the Cadets. (okay the drill is part of it :). When they don't achieve it (i.e. 2010) I just feel like I was deprived of something great. Hope this show has that something.

I don't understand the hate for Cadets '08. That was a wonderful show IMO (and American Elegy was so well done).

I don't understand the hate for Cadets '08.

Me neither.

So is Hop the one projectile vomiting all over the place...?

Hope not.

i at this point i don't even think there is anyone left here who would argue that the recent show designs are defensible.

I don't know about this.

I look forward to multiple negative comments from negative posters the entire season.

Those darn DCP old guys posting from the assisted living facilities will be up to their tricks again, huh ?

Those darn DCP old guys posting from the assisted living facilities will be up to their tricks again, huh ?

I...guess?

I don't understand the hate for Cadets '08. That was a wonderful show IMO (and American Elegy was so well done).

But then they ditched the meat of that and replaced it with a lovely but less interesting App Spring hit. This year, they've sort of done that again -- they were going to have some App Spring, then replaced it with Copland #3, and now they're leaning back on App Spring.

But then they ditched the meat of that and replaced it with a lovely but less interesting App Spring hit. This year, they've sort of done that again -- they were going to have some App Spring, then replaced it with Copland #3, and now they're leaning back on App Spring.

There's so much of App Spring that can be used (Even w/o Simple Gifts). I hope they utilize that. The beauty in App Spring is the contrast between the fast and the slow. If any corps can capture that (and SCV did it okay, not extremely well, but still probably best corps version i've heard) then I'd be okay with them playing App Spring every year. *fingers crossed that Cadets can do that*

I, for one, advocate a ten-year moratorium on Appalachian Spring.

• Like 3