The Cadets - 2014

With all the changes in DCI lately in regards to voices and electronics and added instrumentation and such, it would seem like a no brainer for the Cadets to revisit Bernstein's Mass. There is so much untapped music in there that would now be possible on a football field.

• Like 1

Watching the Cadets webinar tonight. Show should be really cool! Hope you like props. There will be a few of them. Including this stage:

stage_zps06562045.jpg

Edited by crownisking

This is going to be one fun summer for DCP! I can't wait to read some of the comments this show will generate! Props, narration, AND electronic sampling? Heads will explode!

We've seen platforms as far back as the 1985 Freelancers (Bridgemen had guard members dancing on tables back in 1982 though I'm not sure I would classify them as platforms. There may have been others before them but I don't recall any at the moment).

We've had narration for 10 years now and sampling for a number of years.

Maybe, just maybe, this is going to be a great show.

This is going to be one fun summer for DCP! I can't wait to read some of the comments this show will generate! Props, narration, AND electronic sampling? Heads will explode!

There are corps that have recently proven that all three of those things can be used effectively and used well. Hopefully the Cadets have been taking notes, because they have not been one of those corps....

• Like 3

There are corps that have recently proven that all three of those things can be used effectively and used well. Hopefully the Cadets have been taking notes, because they have not been one of those corps....

To me, it sounds like this show will be a combination of '06 (props), '06-'08 (narration), and '10 (sampled sounds). I think I'll enjoy it because I usually love complex shows with multiple layers and a lot going on. I like having to see a show a few times to fully appreciate it. It's usually (but not always) the simple, straight-forward "crowd pleasing" (so they're called) type shows that I don't care for. I love being challenged when I go to shows. I know I'm in the minority though.

• Like 1

To me, it sounds like this show will be a combination of '06 (props), '06-'08 (narration), and '10 (sampled sounds). I think I'll enjoy it because I usually love complex shows with multiple layers and a lot going on. I like having to see a show a few times to fully appreciate it. It's usually (but not always) the simple, straight-forward "crowd pleasing" (so they're called) type shows that I don't care for. I love being challenged when I go to shows. I know I'm in the minority though.

if it is 07 narration I'm :thumbup: ...if 08.... :shutup:

• Like 1