DCI Minnesota relocated to LaCrosse, WI

Looks a little small to me. Concert-side seating is only ~7k?

Out of curiosity, do we know what the attendance was at DCI MN last year (or any of the three years, really). I'm searching for it now but haven't found info yet, would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a feeling the crowd is going to be substantially smaller anyway. La Crosse's population is 1/20th that of the Twin cities, and 2.5+ hours is a bit of a hike for Minneapolites used to having it in our backyard. Especially since we're still getting a show (albeit with fewer corps) the night before. And while La Crosse is closer to Madison, the Scouts won't even be at the show; they're in Denver that night. Rockford is still 3+ hours away by car, and Chicago 4+.

There aren't as many people FROM Madison that go anyway, so La Crosse being closer to Madison doesn't matter all that much, but being closer to Chicago and Illinois may be a benefit. Maybe it won't rain this time? I think the La Crosse location will still work.

Man, I was actually considering going to the Minnesota show this year. Not sure about it now...

As for possible venue sites, there are certainly plenty of good high school venues in and around the Twin Cities. Park HS in Cottage Grove and Kuhlman Field in Edina are a couple that come to mind, and DCI's also had a couple of events at East Ridge HS in Woodbury recently, so those are possible options.

CottageGroveMNParkHS4500_zps9a211cf9.jpg

EdinaMNKuhlmanField2_zps52f4e5c2.jpg

WoodburyMNEastRidgeHS3000_zps9c15a475.jp

No Madison Scouts? Vanguard, Troopers, BK? <sigh>.

Does anyone know if this will reduce the number of regionals in 2014 to three? (Atlanta-SE, San Antonio-SW, Allentown-E). La Crosse on July 12th will have a smaller lineup this year.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Does anyone know if this will reduce the number of regionals in 2014 to three? (Atlanta-SE, San Antonio-SW, Allentown-E). La Crosse on July 12th will have a smaller lineup this year.

Even when in Minnesota, the first regional was split with Denver. That doesn't change with the move to La Crosse.