Just a friendly reminder of why you ACTUALLY love this activity...

It's everywhere you look on DCP. Guess you just can't see it.

Oh on 2nd thought.. I did look around..and my gawd, you're RIGHT !!... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE !!

These bad and insensitive people are indeed EVERYWHERE.,but I just didn't notice them all at first. They must hate the kids, and surely they hate the experience the kids get.. We should feel bad for them that they would ever would want to talk about the wonderful trombones, sousaphones and whatnot. These bad and insensitive people that are EVERYWHERE, why do you suppose they dislike the kids so much, as its just seems so cruel and mean of these people that are EVERYWHERE not to care about the kids and their experience while participating in Drum Corps , don't you think ?

Edited by BRASSO

Oh on 2nd thought.. I did look around..and my gawd, you're RIGHT !!... THERE ARE EVERYWHERE !!

These bad and insensitive people are EVERYWHERE. They must hate the kids, and surely they hate the experience the kids get. Most of 'em probably hate the kids too. For the ones that are EVERYWHERE like this, we should feel bad for them that they ever would want to talk about those wonderful trombones, sousaphones and whatnot. These bad and insensitive people that are EVERYWHERE, why do you suppose they dislike the marchers so much, as its just seems so cruel and mean like, don't you think ?

actually that's NOT at ALL what i said. but you enjoy your rant, there, brasso.

hope you feel better now.

and when madison lays down those wicked trombone solos during their marching band show, i'll be thinking of you :grouphug:

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Thank you for posting this video. I've seen a lot of these (Cadets and even other corps) motivational videos but this is the first one that I can remember actually making tears roll down my face. This is what drum corps is all about. The family, the hard work, the drive that everyone has. I had never seen this video until today and it has made me want to work even harder to be in this activity. Thanks again for posting it.

I am glad that it inspired you! Work hard and you can do it!

• Like 1

and when madison lays down those wicked trombone solos during their marching band show, i'll be thinking of you :grouphug:

Good grief. Why. Can't you just go to an anti gay demonstration and show some videos of same sex marriages to get your kicks? Just because you call for someone to tolerate something they don't believe in doesn't give you the right to rub their nose in it. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the intent of saying that?

haha...sounds like you love the marching band trombones a lot there corpsband... so when I see and hear them out on the field, I'll be reminded of you too !

Edited by BRASSO

Good grief. Why. Can't you just go to an anti gay demonstration and show some videos of same sex marriages to get your kicks? Just because you call for someone to tolerate something they don't believe in doesn't give you the right to rub their nose in it. Maybe I'm missing something, but what is the intent of saying that?

lol...thats what must be happening in VA.....they just announced that it was unconstitutional and lifted the ban.... :thumbup: .....................off politics now.....but back to drum corps politics.................any difference? far left far right and independents...all claiming to be the purists .....lol :huh2:​

PS: you might have missed something... :blow:

Edited by GUARDLING

So, from all this we can conclude:

1. The most important part of drum corps's value isn't based on the instrumentation.

2. Those who run the activity think they can improve some aspect of the activity by tweaking the instrumentation.

3. 1 has nothing to do with 2.

4. None of this tells us anything about whether these tweaks are good or bad.

5. Still, it's useful to reflect on the fact that whatever happens, the essential value of the activity for members won't be too badly compromised at least.

Now my own opinion: The positioning of drum corps as something clearly different from marching bands has always helped the brand. This move erodes that distinction somewhat (to the extent corps take advantage of it). It therefore has to provide a substantial benefit to be worth the trade off. I haven't yet seen evidence of such a benefit.

• Like 4

haha...sounds like you love the marching band trombones a lot there corpsband... so when I see and hear them out on the field, I'll be reminded of you too !

nah. imo they're not worth the trouble to march.

but a few trombones standing on the field isn't going to stop me from enjoying this summer's programs.

this whole thing is typical dcp "the world is ending" fluff.

silly but not unexpected.

• Like 5

Oh Charlie,

All of these things are wonderful. DCI is a wonderful experience, and yes those lessons are important.

They're not the defining thing that makes drum corps, drum corps. It was the instrumentation for me.

One band, one sound. Team work. Yes, important life lesson. Not unique to DCI though.

SNIP

I bet I can come up with more inspirational team videos in other activities...

SNIP

But the point is ... not for those kids in the Cadets video. They got it from drum corps. For whatever reason, they did not get it from football. They did not get it from robotics team. And while it may have been a part of it, they did not get it from marching band. For thousands, DCI is the place they find it. And that is was makes it special.

• Like 1

...and why it has nothing to do with instrumentation.

This video is absolutely FANTASTIC. I love the crowd reaction at the end. I'm still ###### I missed finals that year.