uggh -- really?

Looks like he marched Reading and was Caption Head at Bushwackers a few years back.

http://bushwackers.org/2012/01/09/new-brass-caption-head-walter-street/

Wasn't really the Brass Caption Head. Quit way before the competitive season began if I recall correctly.

my school district requires me to make anyone I want to bring in to work with my kids go through a stack of paperwork as long as my arm, and get all of it approved by the main office before they can come in.

You sound like you are in a proactive school district that does everything it can to protect its children from potential predators. I applaud their efforts, though paperwork time consuming.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

You sound like you are in a proactive school district that does everything it can to protect its children from potential predators. I applaud their efforts, though paperwork time consuming.

My old church started that just before the Catholic Church problem hit big time. As a council member (maybe VP at the time) I had to go to training and go thru the background checks as an example.

Scariest thing I learned was: "As more and more places require checks, the pedopiles will search for places that do not require them. And as the number of places that don't require them go down, the chances go up that they will be hit. IOW - that target they place on themselves by ignoring is getting bigger and bigger."

• Like 1

Stuff like this has gone on for decades. BITD, it would usually be buried. . Now, they'll put the perp in jail if there's enough evidence to prosecute.

Yes, it is a welcome change now that increasingly victims of child molestations ( Religious, school teachers, public and private sector predators ) are being caught, prosecuted and imprisoned. Much of this welcome change can be attributed to technologies ability to find convincing evidence that will culminate in convictions at court than perhaps BITD could not provide as readily.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

- do you think Muchacho's director would have been hired today if it was widely known that he had murdered Garfield (Cadets) drum major (I am not making this up)?

Well to be more factually accurate, you did make up SOME of this comment up. That Director was not found guilty of " murder " at all. He was neither prosecuted, nor even arrested for " murder ". So you are just wrong on the facts. That said, you would have been better served in your comments to state that the current Drum Major of the Garfield Cadets ( at that time ) died mysteriously in the home of this other Corps Director in which heavy use of alcohol in an all night drinking binge at the house had been established by the police. But thats a far cry for the establishment of any " murder " by this Corps Director of this 19- 20 year older at the time, thats for sure, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Wasn't really the Brass Caption Head. Quit way before the competitive season began if I recall correctly.

Wow.,. The Pittsburgh story is too close to home. Right across the river from my hometown. The school board president is the older brother of a classmate. It's a terrible story on so many levels. The other story-a 14 year old girl! I just don't understand this.,,, i wish there was a better way to weed out individuals predisposed to this behavior.

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77

Can you elaborate on this? I've never heard about this, and it seems rather interesting, in a morbid sort of way.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/155415-1959-holy-namegarfield-cadets-drum-major/?hl=%2B1975+%2Bmuchachos#entry3247906

here you go. Was an outgrowth from Delucia's story about 75 'chachos on the history page.