HARDEST WORKING CORPS

If you look at WC corps with comparable MM talent (say the top 5 or bottom 5), are there corps that stand out as working the kids harder than most other corps? Obviously, they all work incredibly hard to polish the extremely challenging shows that we now see on the field with 150 MM's vs the smaller number in the past, but do some corps have other priorities like more leisure time, rest, entertainment while on tour vs others? Would like to hear from ex-members especially those that jumped from one corps to another for a first hand account..

From what I've checked into a year or so ago, BD seems to work hard, but also schedule more down time than other corps. Their average number of shows is usually in the mid 20's. Being a top corps with great staff, mm, and holding Winter camps in CA, this may allow them to not overdue rehearsals once they start their tour.

I've always heard Cadets are the hardest practicing corps out there. Could just be rumors, but I've heard stories of them doing visual rehearsals at rest stops and doing six hour blocks in days.

I've always heard Cadets are the hardest practicing corps out there. Could just be rumors, but I've heard stories of them doing visual rehearsals at rest stops and doing six hour blocks in days.

I don't know about visual during rest stops, but I do know that when I marched they were always jealous of how many free days we got...

I'd say any open class corps or in world class Pioneer or Cascades. The so called 'lower corps' not only aim to put a great show on the field but they also start at square 1 with a lot of members whereas the top groups often already have the best of the best. They won't need to teach Hornline Bob to play a baritone or mellophone.

All corps work hard. Some just have to work at more things.

• Like 1

Hardest working? Probably the corps that has to march more parades and members do more fund raisers than the others to be on the field.

Hardest working? Probably the corps that has to march more parades and members do more fund raisers than the others to be on the field.

In addition, put in 40 plus hours a week at a "real world" job ..............hence, some DCA corps and their membership very well could be the "hardest working" as a whole life encompassing endeavor.

Not quite what I was talking about.

I don't know about visual during rest stops, but I do know that when I marched they were always jealous of how many free days we got...

I've noticed that from them as well. Seems like they only got 1 or 2 all season, while most other corps are at 4-6 days off (except BD)

Checked with a buddy of mine that marched Cadets, and he said 6 hour blocks were pretty normal, with half hour meal breaks or fruit breaks. And they would do visual practice during rest stops if a section looked really terrible at the prior show. Crazy stuff