Carolina Crown 2014

I give the show a more scientific spin:

The preshow = obvious countdown and liftoff.

Interstellar Suite section = the chaos and acceleration associated with getting into space/orbit.

Percussion feature = the flight transitions to orbit, which is less chaotic. There's no sound beyond your spacecraft. And the pressure differences between space and your vehicle causes metallic creaking sounds within.

Ballad = you've been in space long enough, and now you're getting homesick

Final number = the gradually building chaos associated with de-orbit burn and return to atmosphere, culminating in a successful touchdown.

What bothers DCP doesn't necessarily come in to play with judges.

If the design team hears about transition pacing in critique or on a tape, then perhaps there will be changes. But if the adjudicators are buying the explanation the corps is selling, you won't see changes.

But you can't always assume that what irritates DCP users always bothers the judging community.

Very well stated. If the judges thought like DCP, Bloo would have the gold already without completing the season and Cadets would be duking it out somebody for 12th place.

Here's a clip of Carolina Crown doing Cantina Band from Star Wars.

http://youtu.be/RrWN-aaPuRk

I thought John Williams doesn't want anyone using his music anymore?

Too bad - If they are doing a John William's piece, I would have loved to hear them play the theme from Lost in Space.

http://youtu.be/Jan_xK89l6Y

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 3

From tonight's show:

IMG_05601_zpsff5c71a2.jpg

Based on my signature you will understand why I broke out the magnifying glass.

Sooo... Is this photograph showing a run to a new set or is the corps hopelessly phasing or out of step? ( I don't count the guard. )

Based on my signature you will understand why I broke out the magnifying glass.

Sooo... Is this photograph showing a run to a new set or is the corps hopelessly phasing or out of step? ( I don't count the guard. )

That's the run to a new set at the beginning, after the vocal intro. It's right before they play that big unison note.

1st place in percussion and brass tonight in Lynn. Congrats!!!

Maybe a little cheese could help the "silent" transition to "Shadow Behind The Iron Sun".

Narration w/ synth, French Horn Solo & Metallic Percussion

"Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Carolina Crown.

It's continuing mission - to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and

civilizations. To boldly go where no drum corps has ever gone before..."

Just kidding... No need to tell me how stupid this is. :tounge2:

• Like 2