Carolina Crown 2014

Woops that one completely flew over my head :smile:

Yeah, I'm sorry! I had to! I have been apart of my fair share of retreats, before it was just after finals. I miss those days :(

A lot of cool things happening in this snow, but the source music connects much less to a crowd. Really just a lot of runs and notes. I would have preferred 'Letting Go' from Super 8 over the Lost piece - there just isn't enough impact with this ballad - one their weakest ballads with this team.

• Like 1

A lot of cool things happening in this snow, but the source music connects much less to a crowd. Really just a lot of runs and notes. I would have preferred 'Letting Go' from Super 8 over the Lost piece - there just isn't enough impact with this ballad - one their weakest ballads with this team.

Disagree. Give it a few more listens and it will grown on you.

• Like 1

This show is chock full of fantastic moments. They just need to improve the way they transition from one section to another in several spots. I have no doubt this will be done during the course of the summer.

My favorite section is the "Baroque" treatment of "Major Tom" right after the membrane percussion feature. Just brilliant writing! The way they elevated that 80's pop tune to not only fit in with the other source material but compliment it is just amazing.

• Like 1

I am referring to the Peter Schilling version of "Major Tom" that was released in the U.S. circa 1984. It was his re-telling of Bowie's "Space Oddity" that came out in 1969. Schilling's version is what the second half of the percussion feature and horn re-entry is based upon.

I feel that the Crown show is roughly 20 minutes long. Not that it drags out or that I get bored with it. It just seems like it lasts much longer than it really does.

That only means they've rehearsed the temporal distortion very well.

Or -- referencing my earlier alien abduction angle -- maybe it's "missing time."

Or maybe "added time" in this case. The aliens have convinced you that there's more to the show than there really is.

Edited by ChuckH
  • Like 1

I feel that the Crown show is roughly 20 minutes long. Not that it drags out or that I get bored with it. It just seems like it lasts much longer than it really does.

I feel that way too. They seem to have partitioned the show so much that it comes off as longer.