Controversy in WGI and DCI

I 've not gotten this sense from reading this thread AT ALL. Most on this thread seem to be way more against themes of content that include violence portrayed than themes displayed of a sexual content nature. As a matter of fact, it was the introduction of themes of a sexual content subject matter above on this thread FIRST, as one that was seen as controversial and " pushing the envelope ", and the comment fashioned in a manner that this was a promising for the future and the clear unmistakable sense one got was that this was a good thing. So I'd have to disagree that more posters on this thread are giving an " all clear " to content of subject matters that have content that includes themes that include some violence. My sense on reading this thread is that there are far more posters giving a " free pass " to themes of a sexual content subject matter than those giving a " free pass " to themes that include some violence. But people read and observe things quite differently on occasion too, and so thats that.

actually from reading this thread, I've seen you and to a point Stu will argue with a corpse even when the others continually show how you're making a mountain out of a molehill

DCP is spiraling down awfully fast. It really doesn't matter what you actually write in your post anymore. A number of posters will just pull a few words out and head down the rabbit hole with them. It's kind of sad actually. I find myself coming here less and less frequently.

if i wanted what you described, i can think of a few cable news channels that would probably be more entertaining

BACK ON TOPIC:

Love to hear what the DCP Intelligentsia have to say about POC 2010 "Summer of Love".

#### dirty hippies!

Many of you are saying that I have not seen the Fantasia 2002 Kama Sutra show; that is again one of many, many erroneous assumptions on the part of DCP posters. Yes, I did see the performance. Yes it was done in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined way. But the show design was not a non-sequitur to the show title; much of the movements were implied, innuendo, very suggestive, and in line with the subject matter of Kama Sutra. Serious question for those of you defending subject matter, like a book on sexual positions, as being ‘appropriate’ as long as it is done in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined way:

With the exception of the opening few seconds, the following fits ‘all’ of the criteria you have set forth; and it is not blocked by youtube for those under 18 so according to the caretakers of youtube it ‘must’ be appropriate for those under 18. And since you have set forth the criteria for the movement in a WGI performance has to be done in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined way, the following therefore must also be appropriate movement for a WGI guard as long as it fits the show theme; Correct? link

A kid can turn on their tv at midnight and go to good old skinemax and see far worse. They can find far worse online.

If that's the worst the activity has to offer, then My God, we're doomed to hell! bring on the performance artists puking for shock value

#### dirty hippies!

lmao and how dare they yell out " Hell NO WE WON'T GO !" and flags only used at the end merely to depict the sunshine. OMG....lol...kidding aside................it was genius, as well as electric and the audience was a part of it all.

Only thing that pxxxxs me off with this show is that I didn't think of it 1st....lol.. :wall:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

I really just don't get it.

This is not comparing apples to apples. This is comparing apples to coffee tables......

this is unusual why?

• Like 1

Watched Fantasia 2012 again last night, does anyone know what the piece is that they used? It's familiar, but I can't place it. Maybe Strauss?

The piece is Mahler, Symphony No. 9 - IV. Adagio

Mahler was Jewish and the Nazis banned his music. So appropriate for that show!

Yes, it is regrettable and sad when some posters interject " Hopkins, G7, the entire world", yada yada, and other comments, observations, assessments, etc that are totally unrelated to the thread topic and that is only bound to further devolve things here on this thread with what up to now seemed like a rather civil discourse, abeit with disagreements expressed )

George Hopkins and the G7 have exactly what to do with this thread topic, again ? ( I resisted the use of caps with this, in case anyone noticed )

their usage is intended for sarcastic and humorous purposes....and ironic. ya know, to show you how far people will go to make mountains out of molehills

I have read many here citing the adult connection within cartoons and children’s programing. Watch the original Warner Brothers cartoons, or the original Pink Panther, or especially the original version of the Muppet Show and you shall see many, many, many things geared toward adult intellect and adult humor. But they were not written within the manner anywhere close to the so-called ‘adult video store’ material. An adult could set down with a child with those programs, be intellectually stimulated with adult humor that went over a child’s head while the child was engaged with the action and story line. That was what made those shows brilliant; they appealed to a higher level of adult communication while also appealing to a child. Compare that to any episode of the cartoon South Park where the adult humor is the ‘adult video store’ material.

and neither was fantasia's show.

game over.