Controversy in WGI and DCI

well with some

The BD shows of late have received more " protests " among audiences than the " Protest ! " theme last year by the Crossmen with thebullhorns, picket signs, simulated sit ins, arrests, cries to stand up and join them, and whatnot. I didn't sense much controversy with this show at all. " Protest " is in our DNA as a country, we've been thru more " protests " than one can shake a stick at in our country... starting way back with the unelected Georgie Boy with the perfumed wig way across the Atlantic telling us how much taxes we should pay, when, and on what, and all that biz... so this theme of " Protest ! " by the Crossmen seemed pretty tame and non controversial to me.. but more importantly, with just about everybody around me at the shows last year, and from reading all the DCP'ers reviews of their show here on DCP last summer. Thats my take anyway on the Crossmen's theme of " Protest ! " from last season : no controversy.

Edited by BRASSO

actually from reading this thread, I've seen you and to a point Stu will argue with a corpse even when the others continually show how you're making a mountain out of a molehill

And what mountain might this be that your imagination has me attempting to build ?, as I don't have a clue what you are mumbling about to me anymore now.. and no, despite your vivid imagination, I have no interest in "arguing" with anybody, nor consider this disccusion in such a realm.. but maybe you do, who knows,.. but lay off the insertion of "the corpse" lingo biz into your dialogue. Your volume of thread posts, coupled with this need to see "arguing,".." corpses", etc is beginning to creep me out. So breathe in.. breathe out... relax... think good and happy thoughts of Elmo... and you should be back on track and good to go again on here, Jeff.

Edited by BRASSO

The BD shows of late have received more " protests " among audiences than the " Protest ! " theme last year by the Crossmen with thebullhorns, picket signs, simulated sit ins, arrests, cries to stand up and join them, and whatnot. I didn't sense much controversy with this show at all. " Protest " is in our DNA as a country, we've been thru more " protests " than one can shake a stick at in our country... starting way back with the unelected Georgie Boy with the perfumed wig way across the Atlantic telling us how much taxes we should pay, when, and on what, and all that biz... so this theme of " Protest ! " by the Crossmen seemed pretty tame and non controversial to me.. but more importantly, with just about everybody around me at the shows last year, and from reading all the DCP'ers reviews of their show here on DCP last summer. Thats my take anyway on the Crossmen's theme of " Protest ! " from last season : no controversy.

true , it didnt but I also dont think if a program meets or doesnt meet with opposition has anything to do with history ( maybe it does ) . I think it doesnt matter what the theme is there will always be those who don't like something for one reason or another. Im sure there may have been a few who didnt care for Crossmen either ( in theme anyway.) BUT if what they did was not over the top and in bad taste in opinion of most, judges, DCI and whoever, then the show goes on. AS I have said , it's very rare when that occurs and usually good designers know where the lines are although pushing them a bit.

Edited by GUARDLING

Have any guards done 'A Clockwork Orange'? Has sex AND violence, with music (esp the Glorious Ninth of Ludwig van) being essential to the story as well. Pretty sure no corps have done it (ACO, not Beethoven 9th)

LOL, early/mid 70s Erie Thunderbirds did music from "Midnight Cowboy" as a concert number. As someone told me years later. "Weird as Hades that I was playing the music but too young to see the movie".

MC was first released with an X rating but later changed to R.....

Have any guards done 'A Clockwork Orange'? Has sex AND violence, with music (esp the Glorious Ninth of Ludwig van) being essential to the story as well. Pretty sure no corps have done it (ACO, not Beethoven 9th)

yes St Ann's from Mass............famous for the " this is my Gun segment " it might have been 2002 the same year as the oh so controversial topic ( after12years ) as the kama Sutra.........another great show ! loved for sure.I think the studded cups the boys wore caused more of a stir than the show.....lol

Edited by GUARDLING

A kid can turn on their tv at midnight and go to good old skinemax and see far worse. They can find far worse online.

Maybe that sneaking around at midnight to watch skinemax or get on a sex website can happen in your house. But we do not subscribed to skinemax, whore-bo, or any other R or X channels only the basic stations; and many of those are locked and can only be watched when my wife and I are home. We have also blocked any pay-per view without our password, and have blocked all of the free-weekend movie channel packages. The computer is in the family room; and while it is normally always on we do have it filtered with a software package; our internet router does ‘not’ have wifi it is direct Ethernet-line only; the router is always off unless either my wife or I are home and my wife and I are the only two who know the password for the router. Of course kids can be creative and smart, for example they may have gone to Best Buy and bought a separate router we do not know about that is used when we are not home to monitor, but my wife and I do try to stay on top of technology. Cannot say what happens in others homes either, but we do try to also be diligent on who stays where. The older they have gotten the more they have earned our trust along with the more relaxed the house rules have become; but they also know what real heck there is to pay with much gnashing of teeth if that trust is ever betrayed. As someone on DCP would say, apparently my wife and I are a part of the Fox News Religious Right Closed Minded Judgmental crowd.

and neither was fantasia's show.

game over.

But that show was called what and based on what? A 'Sexual Position' book called Kana Sutra that is what; and that subject of Sexual Positions, no matter how artistically portrayed, is what is being debated as acceptable or objectionable. Game not over.

But that show was called what and based on what? A 'Sexual Position' book called Kana Sutra that is what; and that subject of Sexual Positions, no matter how artistically portrayed, is what is being debated as acceptable or objectionable. Game not over.

Actually, I just verified on the WGI site that the show was called "Images of India." It wasn't called Kama Sutra. It actually won the Independant World championships that year by two points over the nearest competitor.

• Like 2