Controversy in WGI and DCI

The DCP mods can block and censor what they want and who they want, it is their sandbox we are playing in. But here is a little tip for ya: DCP is not for you, nor for me, nor for Garfield, Brasso, Perc, Guardling, Jeff, et al... it is for the free exchange of ideas by ‘all of us’ interested in the drum corps activity provided we stay within the posting parameters of the DCP engagement rules. This is why it is rather interesting to see people who claim to be so open-minded posting photos of the rear end of a horse at other posters, calling other people names, and being condescending to others for views not adhered to by the so-called open-minded.

no, it's for me. really. Ask John D.

I agree with you on this Stu.. it generally is more in the presentation of things that most matters in the end. There are some titles that seem raunchy, but in its presentation, one finds it not to be so vulgar and debasing. On the other hand, some titles seems innocous and harmless on the surface, but its presentation takes on a more crude, vulgar and tasteless demeanor in its actual presentation. Its mostly the presentation. Speaking of children stories, by the way, even the chioldren learn quickly that there are wolves masquerading as sheep.. and one needs to be ever vigilant to learn how to separate the good, the noble, from the crass and the vulgar... And of course, experience tells us that what one finds as crass and vulgar, others find as appropriate and even " good ". And thats because we all have different moral compasses, thats all.. And everyone thinks that THEIR moral compass is dialed up perfectly and others should set their compass by their dials... and most people get that too, I find.

actually, most people think their moral compass is good for them, and no one else.

But....I hereby nominate you and stu to be the newest programming hurdle for DCI and WGI. The first prohgramming hurdle is licensing rights as you know. The new hurdle is you two, the ratings board. Every group in each circuit must submit their show to you two for approval before it can be seen by people of any age

The piece is Mahler, Symphony No. 9 - IV. Adagio

Mahler was Jewish and the Nazis banned his music. So appropriate for that show!

Thank you! I knew it was really familiar. I've got a full library of Mahler, but was away from it when I watched it. Extremely appropriate for the show, also with Mahler's struggles in Austria being Jewish in the late 19th century

We seem to agree more than disagree (it is more enjoyable, by the way, to engage with Guardling CCorps, and Corpsband on that point, but I digress). Anyway, the Muppet Show was geared toward entertaining everyone. Yes there were some behind the scenes jokes placed in where only those on the inside were aware of the joke; and sometimes those inside jokes were rather risqué. And when, say, adult material was written into the show content concerning the relationship interaction between Miss Piggy and Kermit it was touched upon in a refined manner; but the show theme for that refined artistic content interaction was never titled Kama Sutra' with blatant, yet graceful and refined, sexual body movement. DCI and WGI used to be geared toward entertaining everyone; but it is now the playground of progressive artists who desire to push the envelope and they are more than happy to continue to push that envelope to the point where it is more like South Park and less like the Muppet Show.

then stay home and watch Muppets repeats

lmao and how dare they yell out " Hell NO WE WON'T GO !"

Didn't Crossmen do the same thing last year? With their protest show which could have been pretty controversial

Just wait for it. Miss Piggy is scheduled to twerk bump and grind in an upcoming WGI IW guard show designed by a progressive art designer pushing the envelope beyond Kama Sutra into the realm of ‘Muppet Bunny Ranch Nude Pole Dancing in Space’ (it will be done, of course, in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined manner).

but will it have puking for shock value?

lmao and how dare they yell out " Hell NO WE WON'T GO !" and flags only used at the end merely to depict the sunshine. OMG....lol...kidding aside................it was genius, as well as electric and the audience was a part of it all.

Only thing that pxxxxs me off with this show is that I didn't think of it 1st....lol.. :wall:

My dad would have loved it. I'll have to send him the link.

5/6 years ago in a local circuit, a drumline did a show about chasing a girl through the park at night. The performers were mostly minority, which of course made it very disturbing for many viewers and judges because it seemed to be condoning that thug type of behavior. They had no idea it was sending that kind of message, as their intent was to show their kids what not to do. it was all easily fixed with some good changes.

and by the end, people loved it because the message was clearer. watching the Fantasia show, the message to me doesnt scream go out there and try out all of those positions with a willing partnner.

actually, most people think their moral compass is good for them, and no one else.

But....I hereby nominate you

Gee, I didn't know YOU had the authority to nominate on here, or I could have done a much better job of pandering to you for this nomination selection. But thanks for the consideration, but its an unpaid position, and I can't give up my current volunteer work to substitute the one for me that you want... but thanks for your vote of confidence anyway, Jeff... and by the way, Elmo and Sesame Street's " double entendres " you're seeing all the time there on TV with your 2 year old probably won't have either one of you showing up on any police blotter as a result, so Sesame Steet and Elmo are ok in my book no matter what the " double entendre " PC squad might think.

My dad would have loved it. I'll have to send him the link.

5/6 years ago in a local circuit, a drumline did a show about chasing a girl through the park at night. The performers were mostly minority, which of course made it very disturbing for many viewers and judges because it seemed to be condoning that thug type of behavior. They had no idea it was sending that kind of message, as their intent was to show their kids what not to do. it was all easily fixed with some good changes.

and by the end, people loved it because the message was clearer. watching the Fantasia show, the message to me doesnt scream go out there and try out all of those positions with a willing partnner.

agree , But you know if there isn't controversy some won't have much to say. :wacko: