Controversy in WGI and DCI

Interesting. Didn't know that. Kind of surprised no one has tried to bring that back, would add quite a different layer to their show outside of what we see now

I didn't know that either (but then again I wasn't around when members had to dodge dinosaurs on the field like MikeD did :tounge2: )

I don't know how much it would add though; with tech. now-a-days you could literally compose new music to fit exactly what you want visually, use pretty good synths to get the right patches you want sound-wise, and edit it to fit your show. Adding live musicians would limit your "palette" musically AND potentially take away instruction/cleaning time from the guard: and all for a judging panel where most wouldn't care about live music (due to the rubric on the WGI guard sheets)

• Like 1

And the Little Rascals was the most progressive thing to come out of the movies in the 30s. But have a DVD with a silent LR short where they called an Italian friend by a not so nice ethnic term "we have a #### freind who makes these".

You know what JimF, I like your posts. You say it as you see it. Just like Jeff Ream. There is no second guessing. A few people here seem to talk out of both sides of their mouths. Some talk from another orifice. They have their fans as well...

I found the following from Little Rascals which makes me crack up. Your discussion on Little Rascals reminded me of why I liked it. It applies to some of the posts here. Ok....it applies to a lot.

http://youtu.be/s1Mj2t9RnFg It's remarkable.

. I'm bored that they seem to be recycling that thematic idea even in 2008 when their answer to "gotta have more GE" was seemingly "lets kill more people!"). ) for me personally I've grown tired of Phantom

Ok.

A few people here seem to talk out of both sides of their mouths. Some talk from another orifice. ...

Its not ALL bad however, 'have to at least admire their vocal versatility to be able to vocalize from apparently at least 2 bodily areas.

Edited by BRASSO

You know what JimF, I like your posts. You say it as you see it. Just like Jeff Ream. There is no second guessing. A few people here seem to talk out of both sides of their mouths. Some talk from another orifice. They have their fans as well...

Will have to check the link when I'm off the clock...

As for being like Jeff...... LMAO.... Let's hope it's because we are from the same area and alumnis of the same corps. And I marched with his dad.... and I live a few blocks from where he used to live..... and same church..... and have talked tons of times face to face... hope thing more.

Biggest differences are the age.... and the height......

Seriously both of our dada are pretty much straight shooters, but in a way that the point is made without offending. And both of than can gett along with just about anyone (thinking 78 WSM here).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Ok.

Wow that's kind of an interesting way to edit what I said that could misconstrue my meaning

I'm not offended by any of that stuff (seeming violence of murdering people in a DCI show). I'm bored that they (Phantom) seem to be recycling that thematic idea annually (and even in 2008 when their answer to "gotta have more GE" was seemingly "lets kill more people!"). People can sling that same complaint against other corps in vague/broad terms ('using props every year,' for example) but for me personally I've grown tired of Phantom continually going back to that well.

Wow that's kind of an interesting way to edit what I said that could misconstrue my meaning

Nobody here ( ' don't think so anyway ) wants you to be accused of talking out of both sides of your mouth, so are you bored and tired of Phantom's shows of late, or are you not bored and tired of Phantom's shows of late ?

Edited by BRASSO

Didn't one of the percussion groups just do something with paint this last year? Seem to remember it mentioned in one of Boo's articles. Something that wouldn't be legal on a DCI field, but cool that they have some more freedom in WGI

Matrix, and it was cool