Controversy in WGI and DCI

Or just go out of your way to throw jabs at people that have different opinions

What? Oh my goodness, that never happens here. Never. Never seen it once. But if someone feels that because Lady Gaga had someone throwup on her, then it WILL HAPPEN EVERYWHERE NOW THAT IT IS ACCEPTABLE.

I think Phantom should take Swan Lake and have a show in the style of Spartaswan or Swanacus.

• Like 1

What? Oh my goodness, that never happens here. Never. Never seen it once. But if someone feels that because Lady Gaga had someone throwup on her, then it WILL HAPPEN EVERYWHERE NOW THAT IT IS ACCEPTABLE.

I think Phantom should take Swan Lake and have a show in the style of Spartaswan or Swanacus.

Maybe at the end, there could be a nice Roast Swan banquet.

. Or just go out of your way to throw jabs at people that have different opinions

Oh no... nobody does that on DCP but me.

I'm going to complain about posters' negativity when it comes to stuff I like.

... :silly::tounge2:

Well, thats the way it works.( lol!)

And if you go waaaaay back to my pre-dino primordial soup era, winter guards used drumlines to provide their 'music'; there WAS no pre-recorded music permitted.

Interesting. Didn't know that. Kind of surprised no one has tried to bring that back, would add quite a different layer to their show outside of what we see now

Interesting. Didn't know that. Kind of surprised no one has tried to bring that back, would add quite a different layer to their show outside of what we see now

Only went to two guards shows in my life one in the 70s (we did an exhibition) and one in the 80s (can't remember why)...... Question I have is when did guards go to pre-recorded music? Mike or whoever can fill in the past but I remember it being very military like with very litle (any?) dance type. Kinda reflected what was going on with corps guards during the era.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Only went to two guards shows in my life one in the 70s (we did an exhibition) and one in the 80s (can't remember why)...... Question I have is when did guards go to pre-recorded music? Mike or whoever can fill in the past but I remember it being very military like with very litle (any?) dance type. Kinda reflected what was going on with corps guards during the era.

I know by 1978 indoor guards were using music. when I was a band director my guard competed indoor and we used prerecorded music. I played for indoor guards in 68, 69 and for one show in 71 as a drummer, so i guess it was between those years.

I know by 1978 indoor guards were using music. when I was a band director my guard competed indoor and we used prerecorded music. I played for indoor guards in 68, 69 and for one show in 71 as a drummer, so i guess it was between those years.

OK thanks.... 1975 was the guard show I saw and wondered if the stomping from the hard boots did any less damage than the donkey basketball games that used to be held there. OK... the donkeys had rubber shoes and only walked around.

Early 80s show????????? Maybe just watched the drum lines and skated. Think my HS had a line starting up and sister twisted my arm to come show my support. Also had 1 or 2 corps members in the line so decided to attend. Too back they sucked....

actually in the 90s maybe early 2000s som e guards used some forms of drumming in some show themes. I myself did a drum feature on the backs of some chairs ( was murder teaching some guard girls to do it and I brought in a drum man to teach and clean it)

• Like 1