Controversy in WGI and DCI

actually it made it even funnier.

Some people do relish gore, gaga,, beheadings, misogyny remarks, self puking, what is " funny " ( what is not funny ), and the like.. this is undeniably true, of course. As we said... to each his own.

Edited by BRASSO

LOL Alice Cooper had been decapitating himself for years....

Yes, and for about 50 years too... and yet a couple of posters on here get a case of the vapors if Phantom does a beheading twice. Go figure.

Yes, and for about 50 years too... and yet a couple of posters on here get a case of the vapors if Phantom does a beheading twice. Go figure.

Yeah ol' Vince.... I mean Alice has been at it for so long he's more scary looking without the makeup......

Still one of the wittiest and funniest rockers around.....

Hmm... if we are going to ban music from violent source material... no "West Side Story", "Sweeney Todd", "Oklahoma" and (most depressing musical of all time IMO) "Carousel". Sorry Madison and Hanover.... no more YNWA......

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Yeah ol' Vince.... I mean Alice has been at it for so long he's more scary looking without the makeup......

So true.

And some people actually like relish ON their gore.

Oh, well, here comes another one...

Indeed, and some relish Al Gore too. ( and then again......)

• Like 1

Dude, seriously. I never said I get squeamish, or it violates my fragile sensibilities. My only point about Phantom is that maybe it's time to try something new, a different design path. Ever since Spartacus, they've been trying to recapture that magic, and have placed 9th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, and 6th. If they're trying to get back on top of the rankings, perhaps thy should go in a different direction. Or just go out of your way to throw jabs at people that have different opinions

• Like 1

youre right it is a persons choice but i think there is far less negativity here toward PR( loved by many for sure) than there was recently on not just Fantasia 12 years ago( also loved by many ) but WGI shows in general. either way one does have a right to an opinion, and things will just go on as usual. Thankfully!

Now I didnt say you posted negativity toward anything WGI..as I recall

I'm going to complain about posters' negativity when it comes to stuff I like.

But them rail negatively against corps/WGI groups/subject matter I dislike.

It's the internet's way... :silly::tounge2:

Went and watched Dartmouth from this year. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall in that design meeting, and when they presented the concept to the members. Really enjoyed how they mixed classical and pop into their show, just proves that pop music can work in a performing ensemble, just has to be done correctly.

It is interesting though how winter percussion shows are becoming more and more like winter guard shows, with the "stage productions" becoming the central aspect. We've got dance units and characters that add no musical value but exist for the Visual GE portion. When will we see Winter Guard move towards percussion? Add the guard members play some hand percussion or small percussion instruments during a show, or just add a pit?

We likely won't as there is zero necessity/need to have live music in a guard show. With percussion, there is already a need/necessity to have a visual package.

As for winter percussion morphing into guard, it's been happening for decades. When I marched IP percussion we have guard members/dancers. Back then they had to spend a portion of time playing percussion, so they our dancers played cymbals, or other various stuff for short periods at a time. But that was late 90's, so this isn't a new thing

We likely won't as there is zero necessity/need to have live music in a guard show. With percussion, there is already a need/necessity to have a visual package.

As for winter percussion morphing into guard, it's been happening for decades. When I marched IP percussion we have guard members/dancers. Back then they had to spend a portion of time playing percussion, so they our dancers played cymbals, or other various stuff for short periods at a time. But that was late 90's, so this isn't a new thing

And if you go waaaaay back to my pre-dino primordial soup era, winter guards used drumlines to provide their 'music'; there WAS no pre-recorded music permitted.