Aimachi at WGI

Perhaps on the independent side.

But I don't see this succeeding on the scholastic side. Who will staff and run it? The BDs want nothing to do with it -- they're quite happy to leave MB season behind and focus on their concert programs and other ensembles. The rest of the MB staff is already fully committed to the winter guard or drum line.

Additionally, winter has always been the time for the guard and percussion programs to "get out from under" the ensemble. Instead of supporting roles, they can now assume center stage.

Indoor winds is very cool. I like it a lot. But I suspect there's a good reason it hasn't taken flight already.

bigger schools will find a way to make it work. the smaller ones are the ones that will have the issues

....but is it a sport?

\ducks for cover.

of the Arts

they were technically good...but it didn't grab me the way it did others.

Which way to the Soundsport show?

BEV-showpage.jpg

But here is the thing… If a group wants to portray this exact scene as a show concept, bringing with them nothing more to play except authentic jugs to blow on and authentic spoons to tap on their knees, it is completely legal in SoundSport. And moreover, due to the open door policy of ‘you can use anything you want’ and ‘we want to create at fun atmosphere more than a competitive atmosphere’, I think it really is somewhat encouraged in the realm of SoundSport. Again, I am not saying it is a bad concept; but just vastly different from the WGI winds concept.

Same way Winter Guard International has percussion. The name isn't legally binding.

The organization has simply been "WGI" for many years now. It no longer uses the "Winter Guard International" branding.

The organization has simply been "WGI" for many years now. It no longer uses the "Winter Guard International" branding.

I know, but the expanded name was needed to make a point. Kind of like how everyone calls it DCI, but uses "Drum Corps International" on occasion when it's needed.

I know, but the expanded name was needed to make a point. Kind of like how everyone calls it DCI, but uses "Drum Corps International" on occasion when it's needed.

but...but...how can they??? I mean....it's not really drum corps as I marched it? So how can they use that name???

(sarcasm off)

• Like 1