Dirtiest championship corps since 1990

93 Cadets had at least 2 Contra players out of step the entire show, watch the video.

Except Cadets won percussion with a perfect score and that is what really separated them from SCV in the recap.......

ensemble tear and all

Yeah but you gotta admit game winning 20s in music GE and ensemble and a low placing percussion section for writing and performance contradict. It can really smell fishy both ways and can be reasons for changes in those two captions this year.

well no. you see, if you truly judge the show of the day, in an enclosed venue, a lot of the percussion issues are masked. With the accoustics as they are, plus that brass wall of sound and stuff being amplified...the battery disappears.

and honestly, until you get finals back outside, issues like this can occur far more often

• Like 2

93 Cadets had at least 2 Contra players out of step the entire show, watch the video.

I watched the video. I see one point in the show where they might have been out of step (6:20 mark) but not anywhere else and even then I can't tell if that portion of the show was free form based on the camera angle.

That's the first time I've ever specifically watched the contras for that entire show. I can't believe how often they had to almost run with those things.

• Like 1

Here's my brain on this thread: I'm a fan of (your favorite corps name). So I would say the dirtiest corps was (name of a corps other than your favorite corps).

Well-said.

Regarding the 2002 Cavaliers... I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but since the Cavies scored a 99.15 at Finals, it's apparent the judges that night didn't really see/hear a lot of "dirt." :tongue:

Interesting choice, since they're generally considered the cleanest corps there's been. With the exception of the guard drop in the Fight Club.

Who considers this? They were nowhere near close to winning drums, and the guard deserved a 20.0 as much as the Cascades did. Only one corps has scored first in every single sub-subcaption from every single judge: 2005 Cadets. THAT is the paradigm of Clean (horns, feet, drill, battery, pit, guard). So clean that it was rather antiseptic and stale. I still can't fathom GE Music getting a 19.9...

Think about it: at the time, there were a total of 36 numbers given per corps. Cadets went 36 for 36. Not even BD has done that in their 47 undefeated seasons. :p

• Like 1

well no. you see, if you truly judge the show of the day, in an enclosed venue, a lot of the percussion issues are masked. With the accoustics as they are, plus that brass wall of sound and stuff being amplified...the battery disappears.

and honestly, until you get finals back outside, issues like this can occur far more often

:ninja:

Have to agree with you on this one Jeffe - that covers the "variable" that can make anybody's performance be affected.

Eloquently stated my friend.. Take it back outside!! Regardless of efforts to make it more natural, sound is a bit cloaked inside.

From a guy who would eventually like to see the possibility of a major show here after the new Viking palace is completed. (Finals, maybe?)

Pat

Yeah. Cadets 93 was a disaster. I think I revise my answer.

"Disaster:" really?!?! I know the internet was created for people to spout super hyperbole, but I don't think any DCI Champion's performance was a "disaster."

I would agree that Cadets 1993 had some visual problems with their performance, but given the difficulty of their vis. book as well as the condition of the field (it was raining for quite a bit of the night), that seems understandable. "Cadets 93 was a disaster," though, is unwarranted.

• Like 1