What section in the "Oil Can" do the Crusaders get when they offer them for sale to mm families/friends or alumni?

I was able to get 3 of the last 4 available for semi's in section 443 from the BAC website

What section in the "Oil Can" do the Crusaders get when they offer them for sale to mm families/friends or alumni?

"Crusader Country" tickets for Indianapolis........

Prelims - (some available) seats in sections 443 & 138.

Semi-Finals - (sold out) seats in sections 443 & 142.

Finals - (sold out) seats in sections 641 & 243.

Some perspective:

The Boston Crusaders will be performing in Canton Ohio tonight, another historic stadium for the Corps. In 1982 after returning from Europe (which the Director bounced a check to the airlines) and being delayed in going on the DCI tour due to poor finances, we had reached the end in Canton. The bus company realized that the check they received from the Corps Director had bounced and announced that they were returning to Boston. The Corps would not be able to travel on and complete tour. As a 19 year old member of the Corps, I got on a call with Tony DiCarlo and the head of DCI and we negotiated a deal. DCI would pay all show money due directly to the bus company in return that they would stay on the road. The bus company agreed and we agreed that the Corps Director at the time would be let go. We had to then let the Corps DIrector know, send his wife and kids home and let the Corps know what happened. We finished tour and went into the offseason with a ton of doubt externally on whether there would be another addition of BAC. The members rallied off season and held the Corps together and Tony Smith established the first Board of Directors. They enter the field tonight some 32 years later stronger as an organization than ever before! Eat Em Up Boston!

Some of the best war stories are from surprising some of the toughest times. It was the worst of times , it was the best of times!!! That's why I appreciate every moment I see Boston on the field, knowing where we are, and especially never forgetting where we were..... Corps We Love.....

• Like 1

"Crusader Country" tickets for Indianapolis........

Prelims - (some available) seats in sections 443 & 138.

Semi-Finals - (sold out) seats in sections 443 & 142.

Finals - (sold out) seats in sections 641 & 243.

I'm learning the best spots for next year's 75th year. With most everyone saying to get tickets in sections that end in 40, how close are the sections you mentioned, and are those sections good for sound?

Might be 4th 87.

Make that 5 87's in a row. (Don't care if it's .05 from 88.) Would love to read what has happened to the .5+ plus gains per show. Are they still changing drill at this stage instead of cleaning? Confused but hopeful in Utah! Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I'm learning the best spots for next year's 75th year. With most everyone saying to get tickets in sections that end in 40, how close are the sections you mentioned, and are those sections good for sound?

Hello Ghost, In my opinion, section 200 is the best section for overall effect. The higher the better in this section, then maybe the lower 300's. In the 100's the sound is excellent, but you lose too much visual. As you go higher, I don't think the sound is that great. Again, just from my experience and from hearsay! I imagine you will get different opinions, but do buy them immediately after finals. They sell 3 day packages and I have found everyone very helpful when I have called. Good Luck

If you have not seen the Corps live, it is tough to judge the cleaning via the fan network....

I've just seen them live for the third (and last) time this year. In my opinion, they were underscored tonight in Massillon--as were all the corps except Cadets and maybe Crossmen. Either that or Blue Stars were overscored tonight in Centerville. Last night Stars were 0.60 behind Boston in the same show; tonight in different shows they came out ahead of Boston by 0.75.

It may already have been mentioned in the Massillon thread, but tonight Boston added something new at the end that was not in last night's Pittsburgh show. Nothing huge, but it should add a little G.E. (although apparently not tonight).

FYI Looking at the scores from (013) and the ending score this year (014). Score last night 87.950 and the 1st score at prelims (013) 87.950. I thought that was interesting. The fences that were added gives a nice visual (3D) effect that goes right along with the show theme. Not just panels put up to hide equipment behind. Also the BAC looked cool as well.

boston at 87.x the last 5 shows. what happened to the 0.5 per show increase, Ghost asks.

me thinks:

doesn't look like it's making sense for the judges. they have reached, scratch that, revealed their intellectual limit. the judges have plateaued, not the BAC.

Edited by KissMyBrass