Blue Devils 2014 Thread

Me thinks we seem to be forgetting SCV and Cavies in the mix. 6 corps that could medal not just 4. :mellow:

I hope SCV and Cavies shake it up big time! :D

This is the closest to the truth we'll get.

For all you who think this is a four corps race, thank God you're not judges. You'd probably pick Bluecoats because you think they're cool. If you really had to bet the house on who's going to win.....you'd better go with history; BD and Cadets have 25 championships between the two of them. They do not like to share!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Am a judge.

Not a DCI judge, but a marching band circuit with a very similar approach.

This is not a 2 horse race. I'm sorry. BD or Cadets may, of course, win. That does not make this a 2 horse race. Are you that unfamiliar with the history of some of DCI's past champions and the road taken to get there in terms of early-season scoring vs. late? Personally, I'm quite glad YOU aren't a judge. I'm not sure the Cadets would ever lose another show for the rest of DCI's existence.

I DO think it's hilarious, however, that you seem to feel the need to DEFEND THE HONOR OF THE CADETS every time someone suggests that another corps has even the slightest possibility of an overtake. I promise you, they don't need a knight.

Edited by geluf
  • Like 5

Any word on changes to BD's show?... ie, the first minute?

This is the closest to the truth we'll get.

For all you who think this is a four corps race, thank God you're not judges. You'd probably pick Bluecoats because you think they're cool. If you really had to bet the house on who's going to win.....you'd better go with history; BD and Cadets have 25 championships between the two of them. They do not like to share!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Tell that to the Yankees. Theyve won 27 but others still win the World Series and theyve went 5 years without one. I want BD to win but i wont count out that there are 3 other groups that will be close.

Edited by MotorCityMusician

What is the significance of the limping man in BD's runway sequence with the lady in black with the umbrella? Is he playing Anthony Quinn's role of the broken circus worker in La Strada?

We need to clarify this.

If no one can pinpoint a specific film reference for this featured role, then it's a sign that we're in brain dead mode, blindly accepting any imagery that BD is handing us and just assuming it's from a Fellini film. I've seen quite a few Fellini films, and I don't know what it's referring to.

• Like 1

Am a judge.

Not a DCI judge, but a marching band circuit with a very similar approach.

This is not a 2 horse race. I'm sorry. BD or Cadets may, of course, win. That does not make this a 2 horse race. Are you that unfamiliar with the history of some of DCI's past champions and the road taken to get there in terms of early-season scoring vs. late? Personally, I'm quite glad YOU aren't a judge. I'm not sure the Cadets would ever lose another show for the rest of DCI's existence.

I DO think it's hilarious, however, that you seem to feel the need to DEFEND THE HONOR OF THE CADETS every time someone suggests that another corps has even the slightest possibility of an overtake. I promise you, they don't need a knight.

I'm glad you're keeping up with my posts not a dci judge but band judge. So you do agree that BD or Cadets may win but this is not a 2 horse race? The only history I brought up was the championships Cadets and BD have between the two....that is FACT. If BD had not lost to PR or Cadets in their current run they would have strung together at least 7 DCI championships...another FACT. I am very familiar with the history of DCI since its inception in 1972, championships held in Whitewater, and I'm certainly not here to defend the Cadets, they can take care of themselves. But just like you I have opinions and I voice them without calling someone out. Enjoy Indy, I know I will.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Me thinks we seem to be forgetting SCV and Cavies in the mix. 6 corps that could medal not just 4. :mellow:

I certainly have included SCV in the mix because they are pushing someone off the podium. Who?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I certainly have included SCV in the mix because they are pushing someone off the podium. Who?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

The Cadets?

What is the significance of the limping man in BD's runway sequence with the lady in black with the umbrella? Is he playing Anthony Quinn's role of the broken circus worker in La Strada?

We need to clarify this.

If no one can pinpoint a specific film reference for this featured role, then it's a sign that we're in brain dead mode, blindly accepting any imagery that BD is handing us and just assuming it's from a Fellini film. I've seen quite a few Fellini films, and I don't know what it's referring to.

I've never seen the movie, but I watched a trailer of sorts on YouTube of La Strada. The same music is being played. There is also the MM who is recording the scene with a prop. I'm almost certain it is a La Strada reference, but am unsure.

I remember reading about that movie, the girl leaves one of the guys for another. We see a baritone walking behind her, so I'm assuming La Strada, even though I've never seen the movie.