Blue Devils 2014 Thread

The Blue Devils continue to load the field with props. Not crazy about the look of the guard or some of the clutter on the field. Music is much more fan friendly this year though still very much BD-esque. Still waiting for them to breakout from their annual show formula. I know I'm probably going to be in the minority on this, but if BD really wants to be the leader of innovation in drum corps, it's time for them to take a risk with a new look and sound. They have the cache to take such a risk. However, as long as they continue to win or contend for titles, BD will continue to be who they are. I'm not sure that's a win-win for all.

I'm sorry that the heavily white new uniforms and the fact that they commissioned Grammy-award winning jazz composer Gordon Goodwin to write new music just for them isn't enough of a departure or innovative or risk-taking enough for you. Love the "annual formula" comment too, considering they've shown as much or more musical and visual diversity the last decade than any other corps.

Haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

Just a positive shout out to all the Blue Devils members, staff, fans, alumn that might read this:

AMAZING program this year. FANTASTIC performance level. just rock-star GREAT!

Bravo!

• Like 1

Despite my demands which I've posted here, BD still hasn't changed the following:

1)

2)

1) Over the course of a show, guard members take on the roles and personalities of many characters. Perhaps, when sitting, they ARE audience members. Perhaps, when moving chairs, they ARE stage hands. I don't see why this is such a big concern for you. I suppose you would prefer they duck behind a panel or the pit to change uniform parts or equipment or something, instead of remaining "part of the show."?

2) I got nothing, but I think the hair looks great...especially during the tambourine feature.

Maybe you should try to just sit back and enjoy the show.

• Like 2

1) Over the course of a show, guard members take on the roles and personalities of many characters. Perhaps, when sitting, they ARE audience members. Perhaps, when moving chairs, they ARE stage hands. I don't see why this is such a big concern for you. I suppose you would prefer they duck behind a panel or the pit to change uniform parts or equipment or something, instead of remaining "part of the show."?

2) I got nothing, but I think the hair looks great...especially during the tambourine feature.

Maybe you should try to just sit back and enjoy the show.

Blue Devils are awesome.....period!

• Like 2

Not only that, but the show isn't about the movie, it's about *making* the movie. As such, you have the props (cameras, lights, stages) and see all of the behind the scenes things you won't see in the finished movie.

• Like 1

I don't understand why the transition between the first 2 tunes isn't really criticised? Basically it looks like the DM has shouted "reset" and everyone wonders to their next set!!

• Like 2