Blue Devils 2014 Thread

watched another video of BD yesterday....posted it before....I really love the Blue Devils this season....reminds me of when I first was introduced to Drum Corps and fell in love with the activity in the late 90's.....though some may not like it if BD won the title this year....I personally mind at all....and I'm a major Crown/Bluecoats fan can't wait till August!

Well you're really covering your bases...

I am very excited about tonight. It will be interesting seeing how BD and Cadets stack up against each other after all of the talk. Go BD!!

Just watched their show for the first time. I really like it...last year not so much, the year they did Cabaret (??) 2011 I liked that one, the Dada show I liked that one too...best of all NO NARRATIONS, just a wall of brass in your face, dig it. Guard looks solid, drum line is solid...

Blue Devils program really DOES remind me of the classic film industry. The mood of the music, the pacing of the drill, etc. From high camera, the drill rotations perfectly match the movement of reel to reel. As usual, they are a monster in performer execution. I have a difficult time seeing all of this drop to even 3rd Place, making this a real dogfight. I still expect Bluecoats to grab the championship. They just seem to have more 'wind at their back' with a wildly approving crowd for motivation.

I'm really excited for the first meetup of all the big corps (Which, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is Allentown, right?)

I think the placements will go a little something like...

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Bluecoats

4. Carolina Crown

But that's just me. I personally love BD and this year's show is just...OH MY GODDDDD

I'm surprised no one has corrected you yet; don't they all meet in San Antonio and again in Atlanta before Allentown? Even in Allentown they are split between performing Friday and Saturday night. So when they do actually meet your placements might be off just a tad bit.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'm surprised no one has corrected you yet; don't they all meet in San Antonio and again in Atlanta before Allentown? Even in Allentown they are split between performing Friday and Saturday night. So when they do actually meet your placements might be off just a tad bit.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Thought it was TOC Dekalb, well at least the four he listed

Edited by JAZZER

While I'm enjoying the season, I'd say it's a 2-corps race so far. BD and Cadets have so far beaten all comers.

Mike

This is the closest to the truth we'll get.

For all you who think this is a four corps race, thank God you're not judges. You'd probably pick Bluecoats because you think they're cool. If you really had to bet the house on who's going to win.....you'd better go with history; BD and Cadets have 25 championships between the two of them. They do not like to share!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

This is the closest to the truth we'll get.

For all you who think this is a four corps race, thank God you're not judges. You'd probably pick Bluecoats because you think they're cool. If you really had to bet the house on who's going to win.....you'd better go with history; BD and Cadets have 25 championships between the two of them. They do not like to share!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

wow irving's got the honk pedal to the metal !

68KadVy.jpg

• Like 2

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Me thinks we seem to be forgetting SCV and Cavies in the mix. 6 corps that could medal not just 4. :mellow:

• Like 1