Fan Network 2014-2015?

We are coming up on renewal time for Fan Network. What are the updates and changes? I have heard rumors about an Ap and more live shows. Just rumors and would love to hear some facts including pricing.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

n 2014, the Fan Network will showcase live webcasts of more than a dozen competitive events, including a number of the most popular tour stops of the year in California, Colorado, Texas, Georgia, Indiana and others.

“During the off-season, the Fan Network has gotten an ‘under-the-hood’ tune-up,” Acheson said. He noted that an upgraded delivery system is being implemented to provide subscribers with enhanced stability and that for the first time ever, users will have the ability to stream events live from the Fan Network on their mobile devices.

A complete schedule of webcast events and information on season-long subscription plans to view those performances will be available on DCI.org at the end of May.

Thanks Murphy. I had seen this announcement. I was hoping to find out if the mobile device comments were an ap or just run via the web. I also was hoping to see numbers.

Thanks Murphy. I had seen this announcement. I was hoping to find out if the mobile device comments were an ap or just run via the web. I also was hoping to see numbers.

Yeah, I was hoping for pricing, specific live streaming dates, etc. I know this has become the "standard" that DCI Fan Network has set over the years (waiting until literally the last minute, or some years past the previous year's subscription), but it's still not the best business practice.

Despite its tech hiccups in the delivery of the system from time to time ( and the lack of periodic updates from DCI on plans for FN ), FN is one of DCI's shining moments of the introduction of new and innovative service to its fan base, imo.

• Like 2

Despite its tech hiccups in the delivery of the system from time to time ( and the lack of periodic updates from DCI on plans for FN ), FN is one of DCI's shining moments of the introduction of new and innovative service to its fan base, imo.

I completely agree. I have been a subscriber almost every year and this is an excellent tool for my students. I host my seniors and section leaders every year to watch semifinals which always fall in the middle of our marching band camp. It is a great way to motivate the students going into the second week. The graduating seniors always tell the rising seniors about this event.

Thanks to DCI for all of the improvements they continue to make on this tool.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Yeah, I was hoping for pricing, specific live streaming dates, etc. I know this has become the "standard" that DCI Fan Network has set over the years (waiting until literally the last minute, or some years past the previous year's subscription), but it's still not the best business practice.

i'm hesitant on pricing after seeing WGI make such a monstrous jump this past season