2014 uniforms

It's The Cadets.

From Twitter:

"First ensemble rehearsal in full uniform! #Promise #CPit"

BpfKFDMCUAAWRH3.jpg

I wonder why? It made sense for one-off exceptions like the Christmas show, and to split the look for Angles & Demons. But for this show I would think the most traditional Cadet look possible would be appropriate. Is this planned to be a more permanent departure? It would be the end of a very long era, if true.

I wonder why? It made sense for one-off exceptions like the Christmas show, and to split the look for Angles & Demons. But for this show I would think the most traditional Cadet look possible would be appropriate. Is this planned to be a more permanent departure? It would be the end of a very long era, if true.

Just a guess, but it seems like it keeps the pit members from standing out visually in front of the stage by blending the lighter color of their jackets with the lighter color of the fabric on the stage front. (That is if the stage remains that lighter color throughout the season.) I really don't know but that would be my first inclination.

Thanks for the history lesson; I had forgotten that. It is a good look, but I do prefer the modern austere style, and it has come to define them. Deviations from that minimal/formal look generally don't look as good to me. The brown years, for example. This years highly accessorized look - including tassels - is hard to visualize looking good, but we'll have to see it on the field.

I hate this years look but I am also one of the few who actually really liked the khaki uniforms so what do I know?

• Like 1

I hate this years look but I am also one of the few who actually really liked the khaki uniforms so what do I know?

It was essentially the same basic all-white Phantom Regiment look, only the tops were khaki instead of white. And khaki is one of the staple colors of military regiments and armies all over the world. I never understood the flat-out hatred for that look on them. I thought it looked good.

Just a guess, but it seems like it keeps the pit members from standing out visually in front of the stage by blending the lighter color of their jackets with the lighter color of the fabric on the stage front. (That is if the stage remains that lighter color throughout the season.) I really don't know but that would be my first inclination.

Sounds like a good guess to me. Keeping the uniforms neutral will make them pop better on the multi-colored stage (and, like you said, won't clash).

The old-school (ish) drum corps fan in me never wants to see Cadets w/out the maroon jackets and cream pants (though I really dug 2011). Heck, I don't even want to see Cadets w/out the maroon stripe down the pants!

But I can understand reasons for wanting to go with the all-cream uniforms and it might make things visually interesting

Sounds like a good guess to me. Keeping the uniforms neutral will make them pop better on the multi-colored stage (and, like you said, won't clash).

The old-school (ish) drum corps fan in me never wants to see Cadets w/out the maroon jackets and cream pants (though I really dug 2011). Heck, I don't even want to see Cadets w/out the maroon stripe down the pants!

But I can understand reasons for wanting to go with the all-cream uniforms and it might make things visually interesting

I usually don't have a problem with anything a corps wants to wear for any given season, but for some reason when I see The Cadets in anything other than the traditional maroon jackets and creme pants, I just feel like something isn't right.

Well, that look is really how the guard captains looked back in the day, so I don't really mind it...

1961__04_s_june_1963_d_mura_unkwn_v_rain

• Like 1

Well, that look is really how the guard captains looked back in the day, so I don't really mind it...

1961__04_s_june_1963_d_mura_unkwn_v_rain

yup always been a version of the original corps....maybe they need to go to the shorts, knee socks and aussie hats they wore after leaving the church..that would be also a version..lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

It helps the pit blend in with the platform, which is currently all white.

The rest of the corps has their regular uniform.

• Like 1

It helps the pit blend in with the platform, which is currently all white.

The rest of the corps has their regular uniform.

Ah, Ok, then. All is right with the world.

• Like 1