anyone know why the scouts

To post an actual reply. Listening to their source material it calls for some really high trumpet playing for ridiculous lengths of time. I'm hesitant to think even the Scouts can round up the trumpet players they would need to pull that off. Listen to the last two minutes of "Niner Two" by Don Ellis.

Because a lot of them have aged out and are most likely still pursuing music careers. If the age limit was higher then the Scouts could find some one a bit easier.

Edit: Find a screamer, that is.

Edited by kaseyW

I have no words. Some people really don't use their brains :/

Just to let you know, the Cadets had a trumpet opening (or was it a mellophone? don't remember) just a week ago as did numerous other corps such as Jersey Surf. I didn't see a pointless conspiracy post from you about them, but I guess we should be thankful for that.

Pointless conspiracy post?? Looks like you took to many of your sensitivity meds.

Edited by BozzlyB
  • Like 1

Im curious why the scouts have spent almost all of spring seeking several trumpet players that can scream and now they are looking for another trumpet and Mello position? Did they contract some flakes that couldnt cut it or were injuries happening? What's going on here.

Happens all the time, to almost all corps, for many reasons. I remember a member of PR's drumline leaving mid-season in 1997 simply because he was not enjoying the summer, for example. When I marched we lost a tenor player with 2 weeks left in the season due to his apendix. Had a contra player leave after April camp because he had to go to summer school.

Don't read too far into any of what they're looking for, you'll come to the wrong conclusion/reality.

Happens all the time, to almost all corps, for many reasons. I remember a member of PR's drumline leaving mid-season in 1997 simply because he was not enjoying the summer, for example. When I marched we lost a tenor player with 2 weeks left in the season due to his apendix. Had a contra player leave after April camp because he had to go to summer school.

Don't read too far into any of what they're looking for, you'll come to the wrong conclusion/reality.

For even a more broader perspective, some of the older Drum Corps fans posters on here remember going to practice after practice and finding more and more holes, as... pfft... another marcher got their Draft Notice from their Uncle, and off they went to wear another uniform in another " Corps ". So it really is one's personal perspective on the many and varied reasons we might find an unexpected marcher vacancy in line. Theres really nothing new under the sun here however as to why every Corps goes thru this from time to time. Most Corps, including all the top ones, have had to boot a marcher that had previously earned a spot out of their Corps for one reason or another too.

Edited by BRASSO

Right but why the immediate opening for Mello and trumpet posted on fb and twitter yesterday. What happened to the two members that had those spots filled

injury? real life? sometimes #### happens

• Like 1