DCI Better than original source music?

I challenge you to find better versions of Fanfare For the Common Man and Also Sprach Zarathustra (Crown '12 and '13) than their respective DCI arrangements. Arrangements that are almost there but didn't have quite the same slow buildup as the originals are BK's The First Circle and Crown's The Promise of Living.

Id strongly argue with FFTCM if you're referring to Mvmt. 4 of Symph. No. 3 (What most of Crowns ballad was based off of). I would put it in the Almost as good because I adored the Front Ensemble and Brass writing but I still didnt feel it grabbed me as much as the original.

I tend to like the Guelph Royalaires 59/60 version of "Hot Diggity" better than the original.

This is because you have such seasoned and spendid discriminating tastes when it comes to high quality music found evident in the musical composition in " Hot Diggity ".

Edited by BRASSO

Music from "The Abyss" in Crown's show. I thought the score for the movie was the weakest part. A little too "angelic" and kind of silly for such a dramatic film. Crown's arrangement and staging were the best part of an incredible show.

The music from Lost in this years show is already so emotional. I am embarrassed to say how many times I cried when one of the characters died on that show died and I think it was the music that sent me there. it will be interesting to see what they do with it. I'll have a box of tissues just in case.

Santa Clara's arrangement of Slava! from '81 and '82 were done with such playfulness and whimsy that it was the highlight of both those very good shows for me.

Edited by bluesman

Bluecoats 2011 "Creep"? Can't say I was EVER a fan of the original by Radiohead, but what Bluecoats did to it.......mmmmm. Listen to it all the time.

The version that Bluecoats use is from the women's choir Scala. I think both of those versions is a tie for me.

I tend to like the Guelph Royalaires 59/60 version of "Hot Diggity" better than the original.

The Perry Como song?