2014 Cavaliers

I wouldn't be surprised if they won the whole #### thing.

They have a great shot at winning 6th place

All kidding aside, this is a nice step forward in the next evolution of the Cavaliers - and the show has alot of room to grow and is a much better vehicle for them than the last 2 years

And....oh yeah....they're really taking a bite out of the competition :satisfied:

They will immortalize themselves with this show

Pretty sure they had that covered with 2000-2006

How are people liking this show so much. They're performing it well but there's no substance to me visually or musically. I've seen it 3 times now and it just seems flat.

• Like 1

How are people liking this show so much. They're performing it well but there's no substance to me visually or musically. I've seen it 3 times now and it just seems flat.

You're not alone. But then again, I have only liked very few shows by the Cavies in general. I don't enjoy their style.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong....it's not "Extraordinary" or "Bond" or "Niagara Falls" or even "Mad World".......however compared to "15 minutes of Fame" and "Secret Society" - it's a much, much better production overall. There's even very Cavalier like drill in the last number - but I still miss all those great visual moments they used to have that helped tell the story visually.

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

You're not alone. But then again, I have only liked very few shows by the Cavies in general. I don't enjoy their style.

To me, too often, their concepts have seemed forced. Don't get me wrong, I think their kids perform great and work incredibly hard, but I just think that they aren't always given the vehicle they deserve.

Maybe it's just me wishing that they looked and sounded like they did when they did the planets in 1995.

All kidding aside, this is a nice step forward in the next evolution of the Cavaliers - and the show has alot of room to grow and is a much better vehicle for them than the last 2 years

And....oh yeah....they're really taking a bite out of the competition  :satisfied:

Cavaliers seem to present the perfect example of

* it's easy to drop out of consistent Top 4

* it's difficult to get back to Top 4

I think the last few years they have showed just how difficult it is to recover from one off year, or maybe to recover from losing one integral designer.  With the WC going on, there has been a lot of discussion from uninformed people who think, for example, USA should be a consistent Round of 16 participant: as if it's a given that USA should always get out of the Group stage.  Of course, looking at data/reality, it is EXTREMELY difficult to be consistent.  Since 1998, when the WC expanded to 32 teams, only thee countries have made it to every Round of 16: Brazil, Germany, and Mexico.  Add Holland, Argentina, and England as teams who have made it 4/5 and France, Italy, Spain, Uruguay, Chile, and USA as teams making it 3/5.  That's list is 12 teams who have made it out of slightly-more-than-half of the WC Group Stages since 1998!

DCI is not too different when it comes to the best-of-the-best in the Top 4 tier.  It is pretty competitive, and once you're on the outside looking in I think it is VERY hard to bounce back.  Cavaliers are showing us how hard it is, and I agree this is a good show to get them a little bit closer to Top 5.