Sunday's Crown performance

I think the reference was to uniformity/singularity of props in each of those years. Each one of those had a very singular, clear message. No 13 different elements that could distract from the unity of the message.

Then, there was Dada. Which was dada after all.

Point taken. Dada -- yep!

I disagree with George and found very little similar from 2012 to 2013.

I find 2014 to be a replica of 2013. And I'm not referring to brass band source material (though I'm referring to its use for the same effect in similar points in the show). The theme has similarities (around this time last year several were asking if spacesuits would be worn last year - in fact, the theme announcement didn't surprise me in the slightest). The opening has major similarities.

But obviously, you're right. Because you're a fan. Or something.

such fierce debating skill requires a rebuttal

i fail to see the thematic similarity between 2013 ("in the end all that really matters is love") to 2014 ("a journey into outer space and a return home").

the brass effect moment this year (which simulates echo / reverb) is nothing like the runs in the 2013 (which were actually in the source).

you're right -- Crown is creating an effect moment with brass. But...so does every other drum corps every season (or at least they attempt to).

the spacesuit comment last season was due to the use of ASZ in 2001: A Space Odyssey which had nothing at all to do with Einstein on the Beach. those speculations were made before the theme was announced.

any more cogent points to your insightful analysis?

I need to watch Crown's show multiple times to even get close to seeing everything that's going on. IMO they increased the difficulty of the show over last year.

agreed!

From the MC-" #hashtagpurplepants band really stuck it to California. ... and the rest of the country". (I paraphrase)

Getting a little too big for your britches Crown? Very classless.

IIRC he said "...and took California, and the rest of the country, by storm."

Meaning that Crown went to California and the fans really liked them.

• Like 4

IIRC he said "...and took California, and the rest of the country, by storm."

Meaning that Crown went to California and the fans really liked them.

OK THAT makes much more sense. I totally took it out of context. My apologies to everyone at Crown!

I completely agree cant critique without being told you are a hater or some other name.

i disagree. plenty of folks have made actual critiques. i even agree with a few (shocked i know).

but if your gonna regurgitate the same old tired crown does the same thing every season, you should expect the same old reponse :-\

oh -- and i can't ever recall the hater thing being used in reference to crown. please cite the message(s).

hey it's ok to not like crown.

but you shouldn't try to dress it up in some frilly fake commentary. just say -- "I don't like Crown" or " I don't like their show". It's ok. The universe will not implode.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1