Spirit

From friends at the show. This was the first show in several years that is not a top 12 show. Seemed to be phoned in. Makes no connection with the audience. Pretty guard dresses do not make a guard good. Where was horn line. Show was blah. Would not be surprised if this show finished 16, 17, or even 18. If you were there, enlighten please and tell us what you saw.

I'll admit that I haven't seen the show yet...but come on. This happens every single year. There's always at least one corps that starts out a little rough and we're ready to declare them dead AFTER THE FIRST SHOW. They'll be fine.

Who knows? Maybe your friends' opinion of the show won't reflect your own once you see it.

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 2

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!

*what its the first show of the season?*

DOOOOOOOOM

*there is a month and a half left?*

OH THE PAINNNNNNNN

*they have 20 something more shows?*

on a more serious note. yes people hyped this show way to much but doesnt mean they cant sneak in at the end. You ever know today they could 3 point troop today. And I am far from being a Spirit honk.

Edited by MotorCityMusician

I saw them in Rockford and thought the hornline sounded great with some great soloist. A very old school sounding show, like Spirit early 80s, that fans will enjoy but may not score high on GE. Drumline had a very rough night, lots of work to do there. The new uniforms are very nice, much improved over previous years with enough baby blue to know its SOA. Can't really comment on guard or drill.......not my forte.

I remember thinking to myself how many long periods of time there were when they weren't performing as they played various songs over the speakers.

I also remember thinking that the guard really needed to work on their tan lines if they're going to wear those dresses--yikes. (yeah..kind of vain I know.)

Yeah I could freak out about BK getting low vis scores but I know they don't have a full show yet and it's a long season. Spirit may not move as far as people hyped but like BK they probably have a lot to get put in the show and clean. Marathon not a Sprint

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!

*what its the first show of the season?*

DOOOOOOOOM

*there is a month and a half left?*

OH THE PAINNNNNNNN

*they have 20 something more shows?*

on a more serious note. yes people hyped this show way to much but doesnt mean they cant sneak in at the end. You ever know today they could 3 point troop today. And I am far from being a Spirit honk.

Yup - season is over. Pack up the truck, load the busses, send the members home.

Or, they could hunker down, work their tails off, rewrite what doesn't work - heck, Madison dumped their ENTIRE SHOW in 1976, learned a new one mid-season, and came in second at DCI finals.

Part of what Drum Corps teaches is how to pull yourself together, work hard for the common good, and turn to squarely face adversity.

Stop whining & get to work!

I also remember thinking that the guard really needed to work on their tan lines if they're going to wear those dresses--yikes. (yeah..kind of vain I know.)

Maybe not old Girl! Visual judges might see it the same way. Some tan in a can might be in order.

From friends at the show. This was the first show in several years that is not a top 12 show. Seemed to be phoned in. Makes no connection with the audience. Pretty guard dresses do not make a guard good. Where was horn line. Show was blah. Would not be surprised if this show finished 16, 17, or even 18. If you were there, enlighten please and tell us what you saw.

So you're making a post about the 2014 Spirit of Atlanta, and criticizing based on a phone call from a friend that was at the show?

Clearly you haven't seen the show, and you're friends aren't educated enough to know quality when they see it.

So since it's June they're done, and let me guess Crown will win since you know, they scored so well in Rockford.

I can give you opinions on some matters if you want, since you know, that's how we should make posts, using thoughts from others since we weren't there.

• Like 1

Yeah I could freak out about BK getting low vis scores but I know they don't have a full show yet and it's a long season. Spirit may not move as far as people hyped but like BK they probably have a lot to get put in the show and clean. Marathon not a Sprint

Every corps has a lot to put in . The first offering and the final product are never the same.