Crown's hornline?

I'm fine. I don't need your help. I'm a big boy. Just trying to enjoy a little bit of drum corps discussion. That is why DCP exists, right?

I realize a lot of people probably don't like some of what I'm saying (especially when I post a recap that supports my points) and would thus, like to see this thread die. But if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I have my opinion, am entited to DISCUSS my opinion on this forum as much as I want and for as long as I want. Don't like it? Find another thread to follow. At LEAST.....I'm trying to keep things civil (unlike others such as the gas can troll above).

No...

It isn't what you are saying. It is the fact that you keep saying it. over... and over... and over again. Hence the fuel on the fire analogy. IMcomguy didn't provide a 12 year old post... he made a calculation and was spot on.

• Like 1

No...

It isn't what you are saying. It is the fact that you keep saying it. over... and over... and over again. Hence the fuel on the fire analogy. IMcomguy didn't provide a 12 year old post... he made a calculation and was spot on.

Well maybe if people would get what I'm saying the first time, I wouldn't have to repeat myself (gosh I feel like I'm talking to my kids now). When someone directs an entire post at me that concludes with an insinuation that I'm trying to refute how great both Crown and Blue Devils hornlines are, I'm sort of moved at that point to repeat what the person obviously didn't catch the first 24 times I said it. That's not my fault, it's theirs for not paying closer attention to what I'm saying or for just deliberately having selective hearing (there I go talking to my kids again....maybe I am talking to a bunch of 12 year olds....sheesh). Edited by bmjfelts1988

I'm fine. I don't need your help. I'm a big boy (and a very good debater :wink: ).

Can we debate about that?

After all, since nobody else is getting very far with your Crown opinion and your "proof" of counting how much the hornline doesn't play in the show.... why not change the topic?

Enoooouuugh_Fat_Amy_No_Um_Patricia_Pitch

• Like 2

K, I tap out. :)

Everyone else looks to be gone as well from this DCP hell. I guess that means you win your own thread. See you at a show!

Can we debate about that?

Sure, despite the fact that I did say I was "not alone" in my opinion - as others have indeed backed me up on my points earlier in the thread, I have at the very least stood alone for the last several hours of this debate......and I'm still standing (reminds me of a Elton John/Bernie Topin song....in case anyone is still unsure of my "age"). Not only am I still standing, but I'm having a great day, enjoying life, smiling a lot...as I said before, I'm fine, thanks. :smile:

(someone finally got their wish to make this thread about me. And we wonder why everyone in the activity makes fun of DCP.)

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 1

K, I tap out. :)

Meh, you didn't exactly contribute much to the discussion anyway. Just a typical troll.

Everyone else looks to be gone as well from this DCP hell. I guess that means you win your own thread. See you at a show!

Not if I see you first. (har har hardy har har :smile: ) Edited by bmjfelts1988

Saw them in Rockford, they sound great, liked last years book better, maybe this one will grow on me more but it does seem a bit run for the sake of runs which becomes more effect and less musical

They maybe a better line this year and it may be harder music but I wish they played more stuff…I don't think any of us like seeing that horn line with their horns down

• Like 1

Saw them in Rockford, they sound great, liked last years book better, maybe this one will grow on me more but it does seem a bit run for the sake of runs which becomes more effect and less musical

They maybe a better line this year and it may be harder music but I wish they played more stuffI don't think any of us like seeing that horn line with their horns down

See? I'm not alone. :shrug: Oh well.

Just for fun, thought I would compare BD to Crown when it came to time brass is actually playing and here are the results using the Stanford video:

Preshow starts: 5:12-6:13

Announcement: 6:14

6:15-7:15 (only sopranos and mellos playing)

7:34-8:00

8:40-9:23

10:48-11:04

11:23-11:35

12:30-12:41

13:00-13:52

14:51-15:16

15:37-15:58

16:29-16:47

Show ends 17:32

I only counted times that lasted longer than 10 seconds. Most of these were Percussion features or transitions. One included a soloist and another time included a small ensemble of 9 individuals. I included these two occurrences since the brass line as a whole essentially has a break minus a few individuals.

Total show length from start of preshow to end of show: 12 minutes 20 seconds

Total show length from announcement to end of show: 11 minutes 18 seconds

Total time brass is not playing including preshow: 5 minutes 45 seconds

Total time brass is not playing not including preshow: 4 minutes 44 seconds

Total time brass is not playing not including the opening section of high brass only: 3 minutes 44 seconds

Just thought that was interesting...

Edited by wilme861